What's new

PLEASE HELP!!

Wash2023

Reaction score
I'm new to the car wash business and need some help! Any advice is greatly appreciated!! (No rude comments....trust me I know it's bad ) We have green moss on floors and now equipment!! 🤦‍♀️ not sure what to do or use!!! I attached pictures

Attachments

cmawash

Reaction score
spray bleach on Algie
I'm new to the car wash business and need some help! Any advice is greatly appreciated!! (No rude comments....trust me I know it's bad ) We have green moss on floors and now equipment!! 🤦‍♀️ not sure what to do or use!!! I attached pictures

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Pressure wash with Hot water and use a low pressure sprayer with Purple Power will come right off

eckert16

Reaction score
May want to provide a little info...ie: city water or well water (is chlorine in your water)... are you in a hot humid beach town, inner city, or desert (naturally humid areas going to be more of a challenge).. open bays or enclosed on both ends with doors, or single door bay (lack of air flow in the bay)

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you are using Hydrominders drop a swimming pool chlorine tab in any tank that has solution that will spray on problem areas.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
6% bleach should make quick work of that. You can try swapping to a low ph shampoo on the brushes to help retard growth.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
SH is a term used in the pressure washing industry. To me it's confusing in our industry because of the widespread use of sodium hydroxide. I have a local pressure washing supplier that sells 12.5% bleach for about $4/gallon in bulk.

Car Wash Guy is right. A pretreat with 6% , pressure wash, and an important POST TREAT is what many pressure washing companies are doing to make concrete look like new.

I'm still playing with the algaecide and it's killed moss on some things and doesn't look like it's coming back. When I sprayed it with bleach it would grow back pretty quickly. I'm now spraying it on equipment to retard growth. It's nuetral/non corrosive so it's safe for virtually any surface.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm still playing with the algaecide and it's killed moss on some things and doesn't look like it's coming back. When I sprayed it with bleach it would grow back pretty quickly.
Right, bleach evaporates or dissipates or whatever and its effectiveness is gone. In our industry, it's all going to get washed away regardless, so IMO the most important thing is how well it kills the stuff on application.

Randy

Reaction score
Once a year I go to Dollar Tree and buy 10 or 12 jugs of bleach and spray it with a garden sprayer straight out of the jug on the green algae. It kills the green algae right now, turns it brown and then we pressure wash it off the dead brown algae with a turbo nozzle. Sodium hydroxide/bleach breaks down quickly when it’s exposed to sunlight. The best time to kill moss is when it’s actively growing, fall or spring.