What's new

Please Help Troubleshoot This Self-Serve Dog Wash Dispensing Problem?

Carl

Reaction score
I have two, 14-year-old SS dog wash tubs similar to the Kleen-Rite models sold nowadays. I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE SOAPS TO DISPENSE ANYTHING BUT SUPER WATERY (hardly any product mixed in w/ the water?) I've changed KIP valves, foot valves, chemical tubing but to no avail? I'm getting so many complaints that the soaps are not dispensing like they used to and are either not coming out or are super diluted-looking?

Here's a clue: When I reduce the water pressure the soaps FINALLY DO COME OUT but not at the same decent water pressure that they did before? (sounds like something is "weak" maybe or what do you all think is causing this?)

Does anyone have any recommendation what part or parts I should replace to resolve this reputation-ruining problem for my dog washes? :cry:

Thanks so much in advance! (y)

~ Carl

chaz

Reaction score
Maybe a bad foot valve so water is diluting the soap.

assuming it’s similar to a S/S set up are the flo jet pumps clogged.

is there a cleanable filter screen at or near the flo jet that neds cleaning

MEP001

Reaction score
Kleen-Rite's system uses a single solenoid block and a single DEMA 203C injector to pull the chemicals. Those injectors can go bad and quit drawing.

Carl

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had exactly what you guys described...a combination of clogged DEMA 203Cs and blue foot valves. Appreciate all your help! (y) :)

~ Carl