What's new

PLC Question

Red Baron

Reaction score
Could a PLC be set up on my IBA so that, if the "Bay Is In Use" message stayed on for more than 10 minutes, the system would reset?

It doesn't happen a lot, but once in awhile if a customer fails to get on the tredle, when they leave the wash thinks someone is still in there and I'm shut down until I reset it. Or, is there a way to reset it via phone of computer from afar?

I have a D&S 5000 and Gold Line ACW.

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
I would think that D&S could arrange to have that added to their software. I'm not certain, but I believe my Powerain had such a routine. I also think I had to request it and pay a custom programming charge. I think the customer had either 2 or 4 minutes to get in the wash and on the treadle, before it would reset. I know I had a "use it or lose it", and I think I paid to have it incorporated.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't think that would be a big deal. I had one of my Mark VII machines set up to do two resets if a wash was loaded and not used within 15 minutes. The second reset is to cancel a possible stacked wash.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you're talking about the message on the auto cashier, then I don't think so. You'd need an output of some sort to tell the PLC that there's an extra wash in the system causing a bind. You could use the PLC to read the wash pulse from the cashier to start a timer and have it clear the wash if the customer isn't on the treadle within a certain time. If I remember correctly, once the carriage has begun to move the machine will reset itself if the customer pulls off the treadle, so you could use the relay 16 or 17 output to cancel the PLC timer.

MEP001

Reaction score
Jim Caudill said:
I would think that D&S could arrange to have that added to their software.
You would think, but this has been a problem for at least 15 years, and they haven't done anything about it yet.