What's new

Pit Mud Bucket Lift

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Since a lot of the owners on this site are getting older, I thought I would share some photos of a “Thingy” (inside Joke) I made to help save my back! About a month ago when cleaning pits, I hurt my back lifting the heavy buckets of mud up and dumping them into my 2 cu yd dumpster. To clarify, I am allowed to dump the pit mud in the dumpster as long as the mud is in a contractor’s bag; I use 4 mil 55 gallon bags and have never had one rupture…

I’ve owned the wash for 14 years now and clean the pits by myself once a month. I average between 6-10 (5) gallon buckets of mud…I guess my age finally caught up with me, almost 63 now and my back let me know I can’t do what I used to do! Luckily I think it was just a pulled muscle! Yea, I can fill the buckets half full, but what’s the fun in that?

Anyway, just got done using it this week and all I can say is it worked like I planned it to! About 6-7 easy cranks and the bucket was up high enough to dump easily…No strain what-so-ever on my back! It may have taken a few minutes longer, but hurting my back was way worse. Plus I’m retired now from the day job, so what are a few minutes more!

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Well yeah, who couldn't cobble up something like that...;)
Well I thought about anyone who is smart enough to own/operate a CW should be able to cobble something like this up! Thats why I posted it...Otherwise people would be asking me to make them one! :LOL: :D

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Can we see a video of it in action, before you head off to the show Shark Tank to get investors lined up.

OurTown

Reaction score
Did the pizza guy help or just watch?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Can we see a video of it in action, before you head off to the show Shark Tank to get investors lined up.
No video! Its about as simple as it gets...Its a boat winch, so it has a ratchet stop on it. Crank the bucket up, swivel to above the dumpster and dump it!

Did the pizza guy help or just watch?
Are you kidding?! Its about a full time job keeping the newbs at Domino's from dumping their garbage in my dumpster. I've tried to get the owners to add that to the training matrix, but don't think it will ever happen! So no help coming from anyone who works there!