What's new

Pit Cleaning??

soonermajic

Reaction score
Just traded for a clamshell pit cleaner. Was in rough shape, & we been refurbishing it. I might wind up selling it, especially if I sell this wash in Tx. 409)200-4667 do not PM me on here

soapy

Reaction score
I rented a small track hoe and a dump trailer today to clean out 7 of my SS pits that had a bunch of black sand build up. The total cost for the day was $340 and took us about 4 hours. This very heavy stuff. You could not stick a clam shovel in to it, it was that hard.

Reaction score
I have a small lot behind my wash and will dump a bucket of mud there from time to time or even shovel mud in my garbage cans on trash day. I paid 150.00 to have my pit pumped by a local septic truck. From the videos on youtube with the pit trucks they just dump the mud in fields or grassy areas. I assume this is safe and legal with car wash muck?

MEP001

Reaction score
It's probably safe, but it's not legal. The only way you can legally dispose of it yourself is to let it dry in a place where any liquid can run off to a drain, then one it's dry you can put it in your dumpster, take it to a landfill or spread it where a road is about to be built on it.

lilb93

Reaction score
Well we picked up the Vactron in Southern IN. Tried it out Monday evening and it worked super. Our pits are 30" wide 48" long 48" deep. it took 60 minutes to do two of them. We took out time and cleaned out every drop. Could not believe how fast it did it. We had Vermeer here 3 weeks ago for a test to see just how it would do. There unit was a 800 gal unit with a 1000 CFM blower. They did one pit in 15 minutes. There price was 59000.00 I am real happy with it. With the pickup and motels and 4 new tires and fuel I have a little over 7000.00 in it. So if anyone in eastern pa need there pits cleaned let me know. would cost about 100.00 a pit.