What's new

Pit Cleaner: getting mud to slide out

soonermajic

Reaction score
Any of you guys gor advice to get the mud to slide out of the back end, when dumped?

MEP001

Reaction score
A Ford starter with an offset weight on the shaft on the underside of the tank.

washnshine

Reaction score
A few more guys to do oil changes in your bays before you shovel them out - that’ll make it nice and slick 😄 - just kidding coach!

I don’t have a good solution for that one.

soapy

Reaction score
Plowslick does not work on mud, I recently tried it with no success. Ringomatic makes a air bladder that goes in the bottom that is supposed to break the mud up. You can get a shaker that vibrates that will help. Evem with a trailer that lifts to almost vertical some mud still sticks. I have never tried FLuid Film, it is similar to plowslick.

Randy

Reaction score
When we had a Ring-o-matic 750 we had a long handled hoe that we'd use to pull out what wouldn't come out. We found that you want to dump it right away and not wait and dump it the next day, it won't slide out.

soonermajic

Reaction score
The guy I bought my Ring O Matic from put a sheet of Aluminum on the bottom. 98% slides right out!
Sounds like a heckuva idea. I tried spraying w/ diesel, & it didn't help much. Gotta empty pits here monthly. 1 of the big drawbacks w/ a rural wash.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I've got a 1000T that I just put in a piece of the wall board from farmtek. It's not perfect but much better than before. Before this I had started putting cheap plastic sheeting down on the floor and everything will come out, but it's a pain to get it spread out by yourself. It worked great just a pain when you have 4 or 5 loads at one wash.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
I once used Never-Wet on a wheelbarrow. Its a hydrophobic paint. It was a miracle the first time I used it. The wheelbarrow dumped the mud out perfectly clean - not a spec of dirt/mud/water. The second time, however, it didn't work as well, and the third time it was pretty much gone. The abrasives in the dirt scored the surface and made the material stop doing what it does to water molecules. It might be an option if you don't mind spray painting the bed each time before using it. It works on wet mud, but i have no idea idea what it would do with drier mud if you are using a hoe type instead of a vac type pit cleaner.

Last edited:

copperglobe

Reaction score
Get a roll of plastic from the hardware store. Cut it to fit the bottom. Lay it on the bottom then add the mud. Slides right out. New sheet for each load.

ErikM

Reaction score
For those of you who put plastic in your boxes to help dump easier, do you just leave the plastic at the dump site?

ErikM

Reaction score
I do. I use .5 mil plastic
How would you feel if there were mounts for a roll of plastic on the machine. I'm working as an intern at Ring-O-Matic this summer and am looking to make improvements.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I dump my ring-matic right away , then take top off and flush out what remains in bay with high pressure. I clean pumper after each use, leave slightly elevated to dry out.

APW

Reaction score
How would you feel if there were mounts for a roll of plastic on the machine. I'm working as an intern at Ring-O-Matic this summer and am looking to make improvements.
I don't use a ringomatic. I use a dump trailer and a mini excavator.

mgmtoo

Reaction score
Do not use plastic! Use paper instead, degrades no problem! Slides right out!

mgmtoo

Reaction score
You Can buy masking paper at any painting supply store. 36" wide X 100'. It works the best!

Reactions: APW