What's new

Pit Boss

soapy

Reaction score
I am getting closer to getting my PIT BOSS front loader done. It is a copy of one originally made by Gator and SLedge from this forum. It will attach to front of small tractor with a skid steer quick attachment. It will be narrow enough to reach down into the big mud pits and scoop the mud up and leave the water. I decided to make this rather than add the expensive back hoe to the tractor that would take much longer to clean a pit. I will keep posting pictures as it comes along. I still have to add the ram for this bucket. IMG_0871.JPG

soonermajic

Reaction score
Need more info. Is it less than Ringo O Matics $16,000 raping of carwaah owners everywhere?!!

MEP001

Reaction score
Need more info. Is it less than Ringo O Matics $16,000 raping of carwaah owners everywhere?!!
If it's so easy to throw some parts and some plate steel at a trailer axle and make a ton of money, why isn't everyone doing it? I know someone who rebuilt the tank on his - the steel alone cost $4,000.

soapy

Reaction score
My ringomatic vacuum tank has been great. I wish the clan digger trailer would lift high enough to dump the mud out.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I don't know a lot, but I do know when to call b.s.
Somebody lied to you about paying $4000 for steel alone, on just the tank box. if that was the case, it was either Stainless, or a lie.

soapy

Reaction score
I bought a 6X12 hydraulic dump trailer to haul the tractor and the mud in. $5700 for the trailer. By the time I get all done with the tractor, trailer and mods I think I will be about the price of a new Ring-O-Matic suction pit cleaner. I will have many other uses for the tractor and trailer though. I am hoping it will make keeping up with the 3 locations easier.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know a lot, but I do know when to call b.s.
Somebody lied to you about paying $4000 for steel alone, on just the tank box. if that was the case, it was either Stainless, or a lie.
That may have been the price I got for him on 4 4x8 sheets of 1/4" stainless. No need for name-calling, though.

SLEDGE

Reaction score
Looks like it's skid steer specific. I could be wrong. The three point tractor system would be a pain in the A$$.

soapy

Reaction score
I did look at that front backhoe attachment but I think they quoted me around $4600. I will have much less in my Pit Boss. I got it out of powder coat today and taking it in this week for the hydraulic hook up. I am adding a third function hydraulic to my tractor to control the smaller bucket.

Attachments

Reactions: APW

soapy

Reaction score
Amazon sent me a ad for a front skid steer type front backhoe attachment that is only $1400. It might be a little harder to manipulate but it would work for pits. Titan attachments is the company supplying it to amazon.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Soapy,

Is this the one? https://www.amazon.com/Backhoe-Fron...&s=gateway&sprefix=titan+load,aps,176&sr=8-38

I would think if it was this one an operator would have to cut the teeth off to get to the bottom of the pit for a more thorough job.

So the only drawback to the Ring o Matic Clam is the lifting height? It seems that the Clam would hold more mud per scoop that backhoe.

As a side note: when we got rid of too light of duty garden tractors in place of an 1840 Case Skidsteer it was one of the best things we did in terms of fewer problems. We bought it from a mainstream implement dealer salesmen who was also my cutomer.

I have memories of some rascal smaller dealer in town who talked me into thinking that their used "too light of duty" Bolens Garden Tractor with its back hoe attachment would work ... way back when I was more even more naive & stupid in the 1970s .... BIG MISTAKE. Even after cutting the teeth off!

soapy

Reaction score
That is the one but I would get it with the 16 inch bucket and it looks like the teeth can be unbolted. I have a mid size 4 wheel drive Mahindra deisel tractor that I will be mounting my setup on. I agree the little sub compact tractor would be too small. I did not go with the clam digger trailer because it only has one useful function. With a tractor setup I can do many other things with it and I think it will be a quicker way to clean the pits.

water guy

Reaction score
I also have a Mini John Deere front end loader with a backhole that is very handy especially with the fork lift forks.Im working on making a small bucket to clean pits.

soapy

Reaction score
Finally got it all done and tested it today. A little technique is required but so far I am very happy with the results. We did 2 IBA very large pits and 4 SS pits in about 3 hours. Thanks to Gator and SLedge for their design. IMG_1111.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Very nice setup post a video sometime so we get the full effect. I want one