What's new

Pinhole leads to no foam brush.

APW

Reaction score
I have a gc valve manifold block, non metering. One of the stems that screw in the block has a pinhole in it. Had to take the solenoid off to see it. What is the stem called and would anyone know a part number? I had to crimp it off and solder it up so my other bays could keep working ( so I thought). I got it soldered up but could not put the plunger/spring back in it. I screwed it back in the manifold and now my flojet will not pump on the other bays. It pumps barely ever 15 sec or so. I took the air line loose from the air manifold for the bay I was working on and foam comes back out of air line. Would the plunger not being in the block cause these problems? None of 4 bays foam brush work right now.

MEP001

Reaction score
Sounds like the FloJet has a ruptured diaphragm. When that happens, air goes out mixed with the chemical being pumped. Disconnect the line from the manifolds and run it to see.

Check with Dultmeier for the solenoid stem.

APW

Reaction score
I had a brand new flojet I put on and it did the same thing.

MEP001

Reaction score
Was it the liquid or the air side that you had a problem with?

What are the gauges reading on the liquid and the air to the bays?

If you took the plunger out of the air solenoid and pinched off the hose in the bay, if the air is even a little higher than the liquid pressure it's pushing its way through the loop and displacing the liquid flow to the bays, doing basically the same thing that a ruptured FloJet diaphragm would do.

APW

Reaction score
The flojet would pump when I took the poly tubing off the manifold. When I took it off I could feel air coming back through the poly tubing from the bay. I turned down the air pressure below the liquid pressure and it started working.