What's new

Pig Roast in SS Bay 3

dogwasher

Reaction score
Saturday night I have a few friends over and around 12AM I decide show them a shot of my state of the art camera system at my 24 hour wash.
In bay three are three men, a pickup truck towing a large pig roaster on a trailer(old style they fabricate out of a underground oil tank....very large with a 8" smoke stack) One guy is dicing up a 5ft long pig with a butcher knife, other guys is finishing washing the grates of his fine cooker and pouring 5 gallon buckets of some liquid down the drain. The third guy is starting a fire in a side port hole(flames shooting out 3 feet and smoke pouring out of the stack). After 20 minutes of this and laughing I ended up calling the police because I wasnt sure what was being poured down the drains. I told the police not to give them a hard time but to just check on them. I mentioned to the police about the 12" carving knife, the blood and the carcas and next thing I knew I was watching a scene from Starsky and Hutch as the boys were surrounded by half the police force, forced to open the smoking grill to reveal the evidence, questioned and sent driving off with smoke pouring out of the chiminey. This would be a good one to post on U tube if I only knew how to do it.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I am always amazed at the stupidity that goes on at car washes! Stupid people are the most creative people, they never run out a new stupid ways to surprise us. It's pointless to attempt to install signs that cover all the things they should not do at the car wash.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Red,

I while back I installed some speakers in my bays tied to and amp fed by my PVR PC. Using a remote software (like PC Anywhere), I can transfer voice message to that PC and play them in the bays. I also have a few canned messages about fixing cars, dumping, vandalism. The whole thing cost me about $100. Now when I see that sort I can fire off a message. It works really well at chasing of those types. My main message says "welcome to my wash" followed by "car wash bays are for car washing only and all other activities are prohibited".

BigLeo

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Adding cameras to my wash was the best thing I ever did. Just the piece of mind as to what's going on at the wash is worth the money spent. Watching videos from the previous night can be pretty entertaining. I probably watch my cameras more than I do TV now!

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
I put in cameras last week from mid west and it is nice to check on them before bed and thru the day. I haven't had much in the way of bad customers but it has helped me to see what I need in the way of making my wash more customer friendly. I am sure it wouln't be long before I have some good footage to share.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I put in cameras last week from mid west and it is nice to check on them before bed and thru the day. I haven't had much in the way of bad customers but it has helped me to see what I need in the way of making my wash more customer friendly. I am sure it wouln't be long before I have some good footage to share.
Bought my cameras from Galen from midwest as well. He was great to work with and knew what to recommend for my particular setup. Actually, just bought three more cameras from him so I can see all of my property instead of just inside my bays and workshop.

Maybe I can catch those who dump the wood, toilets, air tanks, mowers, etc.!!

waterworks

Reaction score
Hey Dog Washer, I think I remember this one! Those guys were making a mess in the bay. Do you think they should have offered one of the city's finest some bacon?

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Sounds like this might make a good reality show - Car Wash Follies.

mac

Reaction score
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius knows it has limits.