What's new

pictures of crooks

readydave8

Reaction score
I have video and stills of 2 men trying and failing to break into my billchanger 11/03/10, 1:00 am. Clarkesville (Habersham County) Georgia. If it would benefit anyone to see them let me know. Right now I don't know how to post or link to them.

The sheriffs department wasn't very interested in my pictures.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Send them to me and I'll post them. The reason that the cops aren't too interested is that it means they have to actually work.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can also use a hosting site (I prefer imageshack.us which is free) and use the "Insert Image" button to post the images here. Photobucket images won't work.

readydave8

Reaction score
Send them to me and I'll post them. The reason that the cops aren't too interested is that it means they have to actually work.
you're right about the cops.

I also don't know how to send them to you and whether it really matters. I feel that publicity will help minimiize the future problems, and have taped their pictures to my bill changer so that if they come back they'll know they're being watched. Also gave copies to the local businesses. But don't know that it would be a benefit to anyone to have it on the web.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
On the old forum, we posted a bunch of bad guys and the cops around the country found it and they thought that it was helpful across state lines.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
When I switched to the new software, the old database wasn't transferable. So far we just didn't get any. You Tube etc. weren't around then.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
This a new Crime Photo Album, that anyone can upload their pixs to, if you have problems, send them to me.

Readydave8, you just attach them to an email. Get a kid to show you how to do this.

readydave8

Reaction score
photos

This a new Crime Photo Album, that anyone can upload their pixs to, if you have problems, send them to me.

Readydave8, you just attach them to an email. Get a kid to show you how to do this.
ok I'm not good at this & have no acess to smart kids.

"This a new Crime Photo Album"--where?

I would email you the video but the form doesn't have a place for attachments: I can do it from Yahoo but not from here.

Thank you for your patience.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Yes, use Yahoo to attach the video. I think that I can figure it out. All of the pictures/etc are in PhotoGallery, find it on the Nav Bar. Then you will see the albums, Crime is one of the public ones.

readydave8

Reaction score
Yes, use Yahoo to attach the video. I think that I can figure it out. All of the pictures/etc are in PhotoGallery, find it on the Nav Bar. Then you will see the albums, Crime is one of the public ones.
Thank you very much for all your help. In hindsight of course its obvious that PhotoGallery is on Nav Bar. I think it worked pending admin approval.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Ready, I see that you uploaded the videos but for some reason they didn't upload right, send them to me and I'll see what I can do.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Well, between Dave and I we got the videos posted in the new Crime Photo album.

http://autocareforum.biz/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=49

I had to convert them to WMV and Flash as in AVI, I didn't realize that windows block the video until you clicked on acceptance at the top of the page. Anyway, the WMV won't play on my Chrome, so between WMV and the Flash you should be able to see them.

The lesson here is camera and light placement, and keeping the lens clean etc. These videos aren't that helpful, but with a camera in the door/changer you would have gotten a good face shot.

Anyone after registering (since the gallery is separate you need to register, but use the same stuff) you can all upload the pictures and videos to this album.

readydave8

Reaction score
Well, between Dave and I we got the videos posted in the new Crime Photo album.

http://autocareforum.biz/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=49

I had to convert them to WMV and Flash as in AVI, I didn't realize that windows block the video until you clicked on acceptance at the top of the page. Anyway, the WMV won't play on my Chrome, so between WMV and the Flash you should be able to see them.

The lesson here is camera and light placement, and keeping the lens clean etc. These videos aren't that helpful, but with a camera in the door/changer you would have gotten a good face shot.

Anyone after registering (since the gallery is separate you need to register, but use the same stuff) you can all upload the pictures and videos to this album.
You're right my theory was that a bad system was better than no system, always considered it more of a deterrent than a way of catching crooks. I have cleaned lenses and improved lighting situation (a high output linear fluorescent was creating glare and shadows, I have other lights that seem to keep it bright enough without the fluorescent so I've disconnected it. I also thought of the need for a camera in changer for face shots and will start doing the research soon.

Thanks again for all your help, I know you spent a lot of time on this. Holler at me next time you're in Hollywood, Georgia. No bars but I can buy you a cup of coffee.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you really want to identify people to catch them, a tag camera is far better than a face camera.