What's new

Pictures Anyone?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I try and keep the doors to all plcs and fuse panels shut, too.

Sometimes hard to do when you're fiddling with this and tweaking that!

Randy

Reaction score
They didn?t get any money out of any of our equipment. Over the last couple of years we?ve lost almost $40K in equipment damages. Now we have a large stainless steel door over the ACW?s that is closed at night. We also have the car wash fenced and locked down from 10pm to 6am everyday.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Here are some pics from a mess I found last night. It took me three hours to clean up since it was frozen solid. I am sitting at home thoughing out right now, who doesn't love -15 degree wind chills :D

It was four full wheelbarrow loads to get it cleaned up. What a mess.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Not removing pixs

The reason that I leave and condone these types of pixs is to make "us" aware of the problems. It isn't a secret anywhere but with us how to break into these things. The crooks have their own "forum" on how to break into any place that there is money. That's why I created and sell the kit to stop the banging and cutting into any door or equipment. We don't think like the crooks and neither does the engineer. BUT we need to. We need to beef it up & install alarms. I knew a guy that wired up tear gas to his stuff, so if the alarm was tripped it filled the space with teargas, eash to do, get the $4 personal thing and build a solenoid to push the plunger in. Trust me with that stuff in a room or anywhere, you can't breath and no one is going to hang around. I accidently dropped mine and ran over it with my car, I got out of the car and kicked it off to the side not thinking, it started leaking and in less than a minute it filled an 60x60 underground garage, to the point that you had to leave it to breath.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tear gas????

Wow, Bill. A reminder to not mess with you!

I guess I understand.

Cameras help, too!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Cameras definitely would have helped me. I like the idea of tear gas, that would really suck!

MEP001

Reaction score
I was planning to help someone rig up a can of mace to spray someone in the face when he pried open a meter box door - every night they'd pop the same one open, take whatever coins hadn't made it into the vault, flip the funnel over and wedge the door shut again. They finally stopped, but I would have built him a cheap DVR just to see it go off.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I was planning to help someone rig up a can of mace to spray someone in the face when he pried open a meter box door - every night they'd pop the same one open, take whatever coins hadn't made it into the vault, flip the funnel over and wedge the door shut again. They finally stopped, but I would have built him a cheap DVR just to see it go off.
And in the crazy world we live in, the burglar might end up owning the car wash after some unscrupulous attorney helps him sue you. Some part of that sentence seemed redundant...

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I think it depends on what your intentions are. If you are just trying to scare them off I would think a siren and/or flashing lights would do the job. If you are trying to injure or teach them a lesson I guess tear gas is the answer if you can live with that. Personally I think as much as you would like to mess with the intruder you are running the risk of serious legal consequences using tear gas or Mace.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
It's too bad that we as business owners have to be concerned with to what extent we can protect our investment.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
BS, tear gas isn't going to do any "damage" to the moron, Jesus, some of you will look for any excuse to do nothing and then whine when crap happens to you.

MEP001

Reaction score
Pepper spray isn't likely to cause permanent injury anyway. I don't think the general public can get their hands on real tear gas, which can be deadly.

JustClean

Reaction score
Here are some pics from a mess I found last night. It took me three hours to clean up since it was frozen solid. I am sitting at home thoughing out right now, who doesn't love -15 degree wind chills :D

It was four full wheelbarrow loads to get it cleaned up. What a mess.

I would not allow this at my wash. Get a number plate camera and call the police. That is vandalism.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I don't disagree at all. It was ridiculous. A police report was filed. I am in the process of building a dvr camera system to deter things like this.