What's new

Pics of Cryptopay/Credit Swiper box setup

bigjws

Reaction score
I'm beginning the process of researching adding credit cards to the bays; unfortunately, my first location's boxes will be too small for the swiper, so it'll need to go on the brick. Wanted to see if anyone had some pictures if they've had to set theirs up in the same manner - here's a look at where I'll be putting it:

1611859202982.png

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm planning to add Cryptopay to my wash too, the problem is the security bars on the door don't leave room for the swiper. I plan to make a panel large enough for plenty of instructions that mounts with security head screws next to the box and drill an angled hole through the mortar into the box.

bigjws

Reaction score
When you say panel, are you thinking something like a stainless steel sheet that will stand off the brick a 1/2" or so, maybe edges folded in so it looks solid? That's kind of what I've been picturing in my head..

MEP001

Reaction score
When you say panel, are you thinking something like a stainless steel sheet that will stand off the brick a 1/2" or so, maybe edges folded in so it looks solid? That's kind of what I've been picturing in my head..
I was thinking about using plastic wrapped in a decal so it will have some thickness if I need to make a channel in the back for the wires.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Based on the picture you could add a box with the swiper attached above the aqua-colored vault, just drill a 1/4" to 3/8" hole through the brick to the coinbox, run your wires, seal the edges up with silicone, and your good to go.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Here's how I added card readers BC. (Before CryptoPay)
Mounted the "OneCard" readers to 1/4" thick aluminum plates.
Drilled through the side of the coinbox and met the wiring hole drilled into the brick.
Secured the plate with plastic anchors and 2" long stainless square-drive screws. I figured the readers would have to be replaced on occasion...I was correct.
My local FastSigns made the "picture frame" instruction signs.
IMG_0050.JPG

bigjws

Reaction score
Based on the picture you could add a box with the swiper attached above the aqua-colored vault, just drill a 1/4" to 3/8" hole through the brick to the coinbox, run your wires, seal the edges up with silicone, and your good to go.
My plan is to put it to the right of the coin box and then angle a hole to it. Above the coin vault like you suggested could work, but I think the functionality and aesthetics being next to the controls would be better.

bigjws

Reaction score
Here's how I added card readers BC. (Before CryptoPay)
Mounted the "OneCard" readers to 1/4" thick aluminum plates.
Drilled through the side of the coinbox and met the wiring hole drilled into the brick.
Secured the plate with plastic anchors and 2" long stainless square-drive screws. I figured the readers would have to be replaced on occasion...I was correct.
My local FastSigns made the "picture frame" instruction signs.
View attachment 2911
That is basically what I was thinking, down to the aluminum plate - thanks for the pic! The only difference is I won’t be able to get a drill into the coin box to drill straight across to meet another hole, so I think I’m going to have to do as a MEP said and drill an angled hole to the box.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Forgot to mention...
Add a few inches of plate or a plastic shield below the reader to prevent customers from grinding their credit cards into the brick wall.

This is what my original installation looked like...notice the skid marks on the instruction sign!;)
IMG_0047.JPG