What's new

Petwash Feasibility?!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bare Bones Scent Equipment Use Possible????

Quoting Big Leo

"Also, we have Pet Frangrance machines. The side benefit to them is that when used, they leave a nice scent behind...so not only does my petwash not stink...it actually smells nice!"

Big Leo,

I have a 2' by 9' stainless steel enclosed area between my two "work in progress" dog wash stalls. We are getting into the later stages of the PLC Programming & menu items on our touchscreens. So if we wanted to control a time duration for a tiny pump & a specific solenoid valve now would be the time for us to set it up from a programming standpoint & a customer standpoint.

It seems like we could hang the right type of fragrance hose-nozzle, a popular KR scent in a tiny reservoir, a tiny pump, 2 solenoids & a sign & we could add this too! The spritz duration would debit the amount similar as we will have for our 4 vending items.

If you or someone can suggest something for the hose-nozzle-reservoir-pump maybe we can have a scent, keep our interface consistent, as low cost & simple as possible vs two very expensive full featured scent machines.

bigleo48

Reaction score
MJ,

Very doable. First the hose/nozzle we have is Magic Mist stuff you can buy direct from kleenrite. Second, you don't need a pump...just an air feed and solenoid. Very easy to do and mine run off the coin box timer. So not much to them at all. I purchased the KR pet fragrance machines because I don't have the time to get all the parts and put it together and $600 each did not seem that unreasonable.

BigLeo

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Magic Mist Pet Fragrance Follow Up

Big Leo,

We already have air available-----what air pressure is proper?

How does the solenoid know when to open---by the selector switch? ----or by the red button? I assume that the common 24VAC hot to either is not available unless the coin box timer is running.

On page 195 of the KR catalog it looks like I can order the gun & assembly (177.64), plus the 24VAC air solenoid (41.73), nozzle block (39.20), Red Push Button Switch (18.72), & the 4 selector switch (23.63). The tubing,barb, & strainer also come to (2.81).

For a grand total of 303.73 compared to $640. Multiplied by 2 is getting close to $700 savings with North Dakota's use tax included. I agree that for most this is not worth it time wise but in our situation we already have the stainless steel surface & mounting area for the components & because of our tiny area we do not have room to mount even small boxes anywhere inside each of our dog wash rooms themselves.

Are we overlooking anything??? What are the fragrances out of the five available that seem to be working out the best for you? It appears that the $640 version only has a 3 selector switch instead of a 4 selector switch. Are these switches actually manual 3 & 4 positon non electrical valves?

I tried to find a manual on the Magic Mist & there were no PDFs available that I could see online. Maybe someone can scan & email me a copy of the service & operating manual.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Leo does the florr get wet?
I have a carpeted waiting room at my express wash that I'm thiking of converting to 1-2 dog washes looking out into the tunnel where the car wash customer can see it.