What's new

Petit Setup

Bcarter76

Reaction score
I just finished an install on a Petit Accutrac 360. I’m wondering if there are and wash settings/chemical/ pass/ time recommendations, to provide the best washes, from other Petit owners? Just looking for advice on how to tweak it to get the most out of it. Thank you

Red Horse

Reaction score
Are you wanting to do everything in 4 passes like Petit and United do at their washes?

Bcarter76

Reaction score
Are you wanting to do everything in 4 passes like Petit and United do at their washes?
This is my first IBA, so I’m not exactly sure what I want. Trying to learn as much as possible, but for now, I am more concerned about the quality of the wash than I am the speed/throughput. My installers have done a great job, and the wash quality looks pretty good to me, but that’s not saying much considering my limited experience.

I’m looking for “best practices” on chemical, application order, passes, speed/soak time, etc…from people that have been running them a while. My equipment is fully functional, but I have some other work to do before I open it up in a few weeks. Guess I just want to make sure I’m using the right “recipes” to turn out the best result. Thank you for the reply.

APW

Reaction score
I use 4 passes on all 3 of my packages and all of them take less than 3 minutes.

Top package.
Boosted alkaline through side and top arms front to back.
Non boosted alkaline pass back to front through 3x pods and rain bar.
High Pressure rinse injected with ceramic front to back through arms.
Back to front Spot Free rinse through arms.
60 sec dryer.

I have not gotten any complaints and it seems to clean really good set up this way. Let me know if you have any more questions.

washnshine

Reaction score
I use 4 passes on all 3 of my packages and all of them take less than 3 minutes.

Top package.
Boosted alkaline through side and top arms front to back.
Non boosted alkaline pass back to front through 3x pods and rain bar.
High Pressure rinse injected with ceramic front to back through arms.
Back to front Spot Free rinse through arms.
60 sec dryer.

I have not gotten any complaints and it seems to clean really good set up this way. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Just curious - do you have to commit to either presoak or triple foam in the 3x pods and rain bar? Or can you have the presoak on some packages/washes and actual trifoam on others and the rainbar for rinsing capabilities?

APW

Reaction score
Just curious - do you have to commit to either presoak or triple foam in the 3x pods and rain bar? Or can you have the presoak on some packages/washes and actual trifoam on others and the rainbar for rinsing capabilities?
You have to do one or the other.

rhino

Reaction score
We have four different wash packages at our wash. Our top wash is 8 pass, 2nd package is 6 pass and bottom two are 4 pass washes. The bottom two are very fast, we were worried about customer perception being that quick. Nobody has complained yet.

Top wash

LPH soap
HPH soap
Dwell pass
triple foam pass
HP rinse
Ceramic thru rain arch
HP rinse
Spot free

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I just finished an install on a Petit Accutrac 360. I’m wondering if there are and wash settings/chemical/ pass/ time recommendations, to provide the best washes, from other Petit owners? Just looking for advice on how to tweak it to get the most out of it. Thank you

A lot of the answers to your questions will be based on what is recommended for the chemicals you are running. You should reach out to your chemical rep and ask them for a recommended starting point.

SuperShine

Reaction score
What’s your pass setup currently?
what soaps are you using now on your Petit?
2 step presoaks or just 1?
Are you high volume and hence need the throughput of a four pass setup?
Lots of factors.
James at Petit can advise on best practices as well.
Good luck!