What's new

Petit or razor

Dale Shahi

Reaction score
Is someone suggest in bay automatic , washworld razaor verses PETITE touch less , which one is better to go for , I will appreciate feed back , I am ready to buy

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Big difference in price.

Is this an anticipated high volume location- If so, I'd look harder at petit.

Roz

Reaction score
What size bay do you have? Washworld just announced a new Profile that is a combination Razor and Profile (called Apex Profile) so customers can select if they want Touch Free or a Soft Cloth wash experience. No idea on the details as it was just announced at the car wash show in Vegas but would check it out.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
There is a video of the APEX on the WashWorld Operators group on Facebook. Petit also has a new system unveiled at ICA to wash taller vehicles now.

1684017563240.png

Last edited:

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
A petit machine does need volume to justify the cost. (All stainless hose fittings, dual arms, dual pump stands, all stainless frame/bolts etc.) I installed my first one at one of my washes about a year ago and it has over 10,000 washes. There has been no down time or parts replaced!

Petit machines have a 2 year warranty on everything, even hoses etc. It is nice to deal with a family ran business and someone that answers the phone at the factory when you need something.

While I’m the KY distributor, you can still order parts and get support direct which is also a plus. We just finished up our 5th petit install last week. I have yet to see another machine built to the quality of this machine. The petit can easily wash 200+ cars in a day which is a stretch for many others machines.

Blanco

Reaction score
Petit also has a new system unveiled at ICA to wash taller vehicles now.

View attachment 8427
Good concept until people purchase the machine have it installed and then realize the top dryers have to be 10ft off the ground. You sacrifice a good dry for 98% of your customers just to accommodate the 2% or so of sprinter vans. Probably why there is no dryers in that photo.

Last edited:

ShinePro

Reaction score
What size bay do you have? Washworld just announced a new Profile that is a combination Razor and Profile (called Apex Profile) so customers can select if they want Touch Free or a Soft Cloth wash experience. No idea on the details as it was just announced at the car wash show in Vegas but would check it out.
They had one at the show in vegas
I looked at it- but I m a touchless maniac
One hell of a pump stand!

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
Is someone suggest in bay automatic , washworld razaor verses PETITE touch less , which one is better to go for , I will appreciate feed back , I am ready to buy
A PDQ Laserwash 360 will run relatively issue-free, but replacing parts is a bit of a burden. Some of the Ryko touchless's I've had experience with as well are okay so I'd definitely look at a Radius. I generally stay away from WashWorld as I do not like their customer support, so if you had to choose between the 2 I'd say a Petit would have a high ROI. Definitely check out PDQ's Laser though

soonermajic

Reaction score
A PDQ Laserwash 360 will run relatively issue-free, but replacing parts is a bit of a burden. Some of the Ryko touchless's I've had experience with as well are okay so I'd definitely look at a Radius. I generally stay away from WashWorld as I do not like their customer support, so if you had to choose between the 2 I'd say a Petit would have a high ROI. Definitely check out PDQ's Laser though
I believe nearly everyone on here has opposite feelings about WashWorld. Excellent Customer Support. I think you haven't owned a WW.

traveler17

Reaction score
Probably not the most sound advice regarding PDQ

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Petit machines have a 2 year warranty on everything, even hoses etc. It is nice to deal with a family ran business and someone that answers the phone at the factory when you need something.
I believe the hoses are only warrantied for one year.

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
I believe nearly everyone on here has opposite feelings about WashWorld. Excellent Customer Support. I think you haven't owned a WW.
Should've quoted, I do not own a carwash. I work and do maintenance at a PDQ site with an older 360 and 2 tandems. To answer the question the thread creator asked, I would pick over a petit because your income will be double after you break through on the investment.

MrBTech

Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of moving parts.