What's new

Petit lp issue

soonermajic

Reaction score
On my Petit, first pass F to B, my PS goes on great, til it rwaches rear view mirror. Then, it barely applies anything, til it reaches back tire area.
3x Foam is similar. Coverage is great til rear view mirror, then no 3x foam rest of way down side.
Had anyone else experienced this, or have some good advice?
My distributor is comin tomorrow, but ineas looking for ideas nefore he arrives....

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Does anything come out after the mirror? air/liquid?

I would manually move the machine past the point where your are seeing the issue and manually run PS to make sure there is not a pinched line.

I would also check your fill timers. Make sure your seconds from edge of car to turn off PS is not set too high.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Just had this exact problem with my Razor, turned out to be pinched lines in e-chain, being the lines were so damaged I had to replace them.

TSchmitz

Reaction score
We had issues with the triple foam going in and out. Turns out there was too much back pressure from the foam generators on the bridge. There are injector nipples inside them that can be removed to reduce back pressure, it also made them foam way more without them. Didn’t cause the chemical usage to go up either.

Bricks

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it’s your wash that’s on YouTube. I can see what you’re talking about. The PS looks very watery.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ok, distributor solved it yesterday. Turns out, my hot soft water was starving the lp pump, & it lost pressure as it went down the car.
So we opened up some cold soft water, now it works fine
But, Im gonna see if I can get a larger line from the On Demand heater. My water in the bay is now cool, instead of warm

Keno

Reaction score
Some on-demand water heaters will throttle the output to maintain temp, could be colder incoming water effecting your hot water output. Something to look at

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have 3/4 coming into the Navian on Demand & 3/4 going out to the Petit. Doesn't look like i can change that...?
Would u guys suggest adding a 2nd, or a small electric water heater, turning the heat up to 140°+ or what's yalls advice?
My PreSoak in the bay, @ 130° is now room temperature. I want it @ least warm...

Navian will only allow u to go up to 140°

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
How big is your Navian? My guess is you are undersized for the Petit.

Specs call for the following:

Water Requirements: Minimum 3/4” (1” if Grundfos Pump Upgrade is Selected) Softened hot water line capable of 12 GPM continuous flow.

Your water heater should have a flow rate temp rating.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'd try turning it up and see if it helps, if it didn't, I'd try actually turning it down to 120 or 110 to see what happens,

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'd try turning it up and see if it helps, if it didn't, I'd try actually turning it down to 120 or 110 to see what happens,
What's your thoughts on turning it down? Think maybe it can't produce enough volume @ 130°+ ,& lower heat may produce more volume faster?

OurTown

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on turning it down? Think maybe it can't produce enough volume @ 130°+ ,& lower heat may produce more volume faster?

The lower the temp rise the less it restricts the flow. There should be a flow rate/temp rise graph for your unit model.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
During pre-soak, Petit requires 7gpm. Compare this to your temp rise vs flow rate for your boiler model. My money says you are undersized for your city side water temp if you want to reach 130 @ 7gpm.

You could run smaller injectors (blue vs light green) and slow down your pre-soak passes. This would only require 5.2gpm hot water...

OurTown

Reaction score
During pre-soak, Petit requires 7gpm. Compare this to your temp rise vs flow rate for your boiler model. My money says you are undersized for your city side water temp if you want to reach 130 @ 7gpm.

That is a lot of flow and a normal 199K tankless water heater would not keep up with that.