What's new

Petit 360 worth the extra money????

Umk406

Reaction score
I’m in process of putting up carwash and looking for reviews on Petit 360 dual pump! Going back and forth on PDQ laser and wash world double barrel and now Petit has caught my eye! And reviews be great thanks

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about the double barrel but my WashWorld razor is a year old and I couldn't be much happier with it. It washes consistently and very well. The cars come out super clean and shiny and dry.

The machine is fast with a five minute wash time for the top package. I'm premium priced at $22 and customers love it.

Last edited:

APW

Reaction score
I prefer Petit over the others and I have both. The Petit is built like a tank, is super fast, and the customers love them. I believe it has a lot to do with the water rocking the car back and forth while washing that makes the customer feel like they are really getting their moneys worth. They do cost more, but in my opinion it is worth the extra money.

Roz

Reaction score
Check your bay height as that may be a factor that drives the decision.

slash007

Reaction score
Petit is also waay more $ so that is a factor. About 50k more per machine at least.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Worth it.
I keep hearing about them on other forums regarding durability and the best in the business. How many have they built? How many have 100K cars on them? It's seems premature to describe them as a tank at this point. I think theyre relatively unproved compared to a laser 4000. Its very common to see established brands with over 200K cars on them and still going strong.

Looks to be 90 seconds or so faster than my water wizard and that's nice if throughput is an issue.Many owners could speed up their machines if the used the same principles of washing as petit: using tri color as "low ph presoak" and foregoing the rinse pass and washing the presoak off with a drying aid. Also no rocker panel pass, but a rocker panel wash as the auto enters saves a good 30 seconds, but I assume no tire cleaner application if you do that. It's hard to believe there is not a comprise in the final product. Might be a great option for high volume club washing and winter washing which seems pretty easy to me compared to heavy road film in the warm Months.

But I say all this not having seen one in the wild. I have a friend that should have one up and running soon. He has had lasers, istobal, and many water wizards so I'm anxious to visit it and hear what he says.

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have 2 of them. They're incredible machines and have transformed my site for the better. The build quality on them or second to none. The amount of stainless used on these machines is incredible.

Rapidoil

Reaction score
Keep in mind they have two arms so they are doing twice the work on one pass if you will. Double pumps as well. That seems to be where the time savings is when compared to other similar IBA machines.

SuperShine

Reaction score
I keep hearing about them on other forums regarding durability and the best in the business. How many have they built? How many have 100K cars on them? It's seems premature to describe them as a tank at this point. I think theyre relatively unproved compared to a laser 4000. Its very common to see established brands with over 200K cars on them and still going strong.

Looks to be 90 seconds or so faster than my water wizard and that's nice if throughput is an issue.Many owners could speed up their machines if the used the same principles of washing as petit: using tri color as "low ph presoak" and foregoing the rinse pass and washing the presoak off with a drying aid. Also no rocker panel pass, but a rocker panel wash as the auto enters saves a good 30 seconds, but I assume no tire cleaner application if you do that. It's hard to believe there is not a comprise in the final product. Might be a great option for high volume club washing and winter washing which seems pretty easy to me compared to heavy road film in the warm Months.

But I say all this not having seen one in the wild. I have a friend that should have one up and running soon. He has had lasers, istobal, and many water wizards so I'm anxious to visit it and hear what he says.
The tech is proven. Petit has had 360’s in high volume express tunnels for over 15 years pumping out millions of cars a year. Talk to the big express guys and see how little maintenance they do on them.

Good luck rinsing well in one fast pass with most other washes. Same goes if you cut your dwell time with an inverted L for speed.

You can feel the difference. Having two big CAT pump hitting the car at the same time is a game changer. They literally rock SUVs plus the much larger nozzle orifices produce more water mass hitting the vehicle and they oscillate, sweeping off road film and reaching under rear spoilers and moldings.
Kicks my inverted L washes butt on wash quality, experience and throughput.

Would I put one in a backwater town with 100 rooftops? no. Pull a couple prehistoric 4000 out or any other service hungry wash that’s nickel and dimming and breaking down, in a heart beat.

The Petit team is also brilliant to work with at setup time or if you have any issues.

Sure they’re more expensive then the comps but it can also be more expensive to be cheap in the long run.

Try out a few properly setup ones and if you can, pay the manufacturer a visit if you’re in the market.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Someone (I have no idea who) made a video of one of my washes with a typhoon. I had to convince Oasis back then to build the machine with low pressure pump for chemicals and change the program to run both low pressure and high pressure options at the same time, but you can see what all we can get done in a short amount of time here. Wash starts moving around 2 mins and ends around 5 minutes, but has 2 step, tire cleaner, rocker blasters, triple foam (detergent to buy alkaline dwell), 2 HP passes, lava application, super sealant low psi wax, HP dry agent, and spot free. It's entertaining to watch the dude get totally soaked... Glad he made the video.

Last edited:

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Someone (I have no idea who) made a video of one of my washes with a typhoon. I had to convince Oasis back then to build the machine with low pressure pump for chemicals and change the program to run both low pressure and high pressure options at the same time, but you can see what all we can get done in a short amount of time here. Wash starts moving around 2 mins and ends around 5 minutes, but has 2 step, tire cleaner, rocker blasters, triple foam (detergent to buy alkaline dwell), 2 HP passes, lava application, super sealant low psi wax, HP dry agent, and spot free. It's entertaining to watch the dude get totally soaked... Glad he made the video.
What size motors and how many are running the Oasis?

Blanco

Reaction score
3 minutes is a walk in the park. My set up on my machines are very similar to yours. Like you stated dwell time is a must. You actually have to slow these machines down to get a proper clean.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I just retired a 20 year old Typhoon last year. It was a great machine but then became a maintenance nightmare. Having just gone through a brand new Typhoon install last week I would say the build quality has greatly improved. The zero degree nozzles are impressive but I wonder how often do you need to change them and at what cost?

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Hydraflex turbo nozzles are pretty reliable. Have had a few failures related to the inner rubber like material cup distorting and causing the nozzle to stall. But otherwise no issues really... Except don't let them freeze. Different story at that point.

jubalr

Reaction score
I just retired a 20 year old Typhoon last year. It was a great machine but then became a maintenance nightmare. Having just gone through a brand new Typhoon install last week I would say the build quality has greatly improved. The zero degree nozzles are impressive but I wonder how often do you need to change them and at what cost?
I'm 2 years in on the nozzles with my Oasis XP and have only changed out 1 nozzle.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Hydraflex turbo nozzles are pretty reliable. Have had a few failures related to the inner rubber like material cup distorting and causing the nozzle to stall. But otherwise no issues really... Except don't let them freeze. Different story at that point.
I can imagine! I'm not sure if Oasis has changed this aspect of the machine but ours circulated heated anti-freeze through all the rails AND through the spray arms. Like I said, our Typhoon was 20 years old and the high and low pressure spray manifolds weren't separated back then. However, the heated anti-freeze combined with an air blow out made for a great cold climate machine!

The Petit 360i really needs to be run in a bay with entrance and exit doors. If the bay gets below freezing, you're going to spend a ton of money weeping the machine.

MEP001

Reaction score
The zero degree nozzles are impressive but I wonder how often do you need to change them and at what cost?
FWIW I used to service a D&S 5000 which has eight hoses for the upper oscillating tips. The customer complained that he seemed to be changing one of the hoses once a week. So my next visit I changed them all. He was happy for the next two years. The next time one broke I changed them all again.