What's new

~Pet Wash Updates Please~

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dear Everyone with a Pet Wash:

How is your pet wash doing? I'm still very interested in this idea and have the space on my property to add this profit center.

I'd like to know how the petwashes out there are trending, gross sales-wise.

Thanks!:D

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I would also like to hear from some operators about this too. Do you have to have an attendant? Would you do it again? What system?

*Waxman: I am not trying to jack you thread, just want a little more info*

bigleo48

Reaction score
My petwash is doing OK. Great in the summer, poor in the winter. Yes it is attended, Kleeright tub (PD McLaren). I would do it again as long as you have the dedicated space and have all the services available on the spot. I would not underestimate the cost of the chems...I would not use Flee-Tick shampoo (too expensive), I would have the pet vac option. Single column vendor for treats is a good idea. Good ventilation and disinfect room daily.

I like to have as many revenue generators on site as possible...in the end..it all counts.

BigLeo

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Funny, Bigleo. I would think that in Winter, all those who bathe poochie on the lawn (cause they hate messing up the tub inside) would use the petwash, so I'm surprised Winter is lower volume.

Also, I wonder if there are places the groomers buy chems. that are perhaps less expensive than the carwash suppliers.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Groomers chemicals are far more expensive and not usually available in large sizes.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
BigLeo:

I am curious as to what it cost you to close off a bay. How did you close it off (brick & mortar, framed, etc...) Ideally I would like to close off a bay and use half of it as a pet wash and the other half to house my automatic machinery.

Thanks!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Did not close off a bay, but used part of my equipment room.

I have yet to find cheaper petwash chems than Kleenright.

I guess in the winter its too cold to wash...even though the room and water is heated.

BigLeo

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
BigLeo how many tubs do you have?
How long have you had the dogwash?
What kind of revenue can be generated per tub?
Thanks

A.Milton

Reaction score
My petwash is doing OK. Great in the summer, poor in the winter. Yes it is attended, Kleeright tub (PD McLaren). I would do it again as long as you have the dedicated space and have all the services available on the spot. I would not underestimate the cost of the chems...I would not use Flee-Tick shampoo (too expensive), I would have the pet vac option. Single column vendor for treats is a good idea. Good ventilation and disinfect room daily.

I like to have as many revenue generators on site as possible...in the end..it all counts.

BigLeo
Hey did you find any dog wash shampoo supplier cheaper than Kleenrite?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have one. My only word of advice would be to make sure you have an attendant to clean it after each use between the hours of operation. They are MESSY.

I offer pretty much everything:

Tub Sanitizer
Oatmeal Shampoo
Conditioner
Skunk and Odor remover
Flea & Tick
Dryer

I also offer free dog treats.

I use Blendco stuff and my distributor is on par or actually cheaper than Kleen Rite

PM me if you would like to have an idea of what it usually does sales wise. Not sure how accurate it would be given I feel I'm in a VERY dog friendly area where the customers have endless outdoor access and take their pets with them everywhere.

A.Milton

Reaction score
Well it is greatly appreciated that you replied. You have no idea how valuable your input is.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I saw a 15 year zombie thread resurrected over on the Ford Truck forum.

Yeah, twelve is as good as you can do here, since this version of the forum dates back to 2007.

DavidM

Reaction score
My first clue that it was an old thread was the BigLeo response. My first thought was "I thought he sold his wash" then I checked the date. This is a classic.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Update; I could care less about installing a pet wash~!!!

There are far easier ways to make $$!

KleanRide

Reaction score
I've been curious about the pet wash idea, but I'm not sure it's a fit for my demographic. Most of the pets in my zip code are chained to the porch and paid to attack. I doubt that pit bull shampoo and blow dry are much of a priority.