What's new

Permit for alarm

Etowah

randall

Reaction score
I have an alarm at my wash and if it goes off the alarm co. calls me..not the local police.do i need a permit from the city if the police are never notified?

MEP001

Reaction score
The way it used to work here in Austin is if the police get called out, either by the alarm directly or the alarm company, you get charged a fee whether it's a false alarm or not. With a permit you don't get charged. I know some of the Texas laws have been changed, for example you can't just go to Home Depot anymore and buy alarm components and install it yourself; it must be done by a licensed installer. I'm not sure about permitting, but it's probably up to your municipality.

mac

Reaction score
I suggest that you stop the monitoring part of your alarm system. It could just be the crooks that I've dealt with, but just having an ear piercing alarm will send them scurrying. Save the 30 or 40 a month for a monitor, have it page or call you, and then look at your cameras and decide what to do.

soapy

Reaction score
i bought some GE Simon alarm systems on line a few years back for between $200 to $300 each. It has options for doors, windows, motion etc. I bought what I needed and have it call me direct over a phone line if there are any problems. They have paid for themselves several times over in monitoring charges. Everything hooks up wirelessly and it is a simple install.