What's new

People washing at home more

OurTown

Reaction score
According to the latest ICA report shows that people are washing at home more now. Go to the 3 minute mark in the video.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Just thinking out-loud ... car washes in cold enough climates tend to not worry as much about home washing during winter months. The bad news is that the winter months tend to be a much more difficult "daily operating wise" along with much shorter daylight hours! I have mixed feelings about super strict enforcement of home driveway car washing bans that I believe has happened in some parts of our USA.

soapy

Reaction score
With home ownership going down and more young people opting to live in apartments I do not see how you can wash at home more..

OurTown

Reaction score
With home ownership going down and more young people opting to live in apartments I do not see how you can wash at home more..

There are still many single family homes being built and many existing homes. Its not like they are tearing down a lot of homes to build apartments in most areas. Maybe in high density areas. It would just take a shift back to the days home dwellers washed in the driveway. Personally I have not seen the shift and would like to know the details of the study.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
So when its cold in Feb more people wash at a car wash. When it gets warm in May more people wash in the driveway. Thanks for the insights ICA...

Is this what my membership dues are paying for? :ROFLMAO:

Randy

Reaction score
I think people aren't washing because it's not in there budget. I see a lot of really dirty cars on the road.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Every time the price of gas spikes, the local news always interviews people filling up their car at a local gas station. Without fail the answer to "What do you think about these high gas prices?" is "Well, I'll have to cut things out of my budget. Guess I'll drive a dirty car!"

When it costs so much to fill up their car, the last thing people want to do is spend even more money on their car.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
It snowed 10-12” over the weekend with temperatures dropping into the low teens.

Monday, the clouds broke, the sun appeared, the streets cleared with sub 30F temp. (We’re closer to the sun here… donchaknow?)

The queues were 3-5 cars deep at most of the coin-ops.

“You should start taking reservations.” I jokingly suggested to several operators.

Nobody washes in their driveways here. It’s seriously frowned upon by the municipal water districts.