What's new

Pennsylvania Sales Tax

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Does anyone know what PA tax laws are regarding self-serve bay/vacuum/in-bay automatic revenue is? Does sales tax need to be collected or is all that revenue exempt? Thanks.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
You have to pay sales tax on all of your carwash sales in PA. Vending, vacs, bays etc.
You need a pa sales tax license and you need to file quarterly sales tax returns and payments.
The penalties are quite steep if you have been operating without paying sales tax.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Thanks. I was looking into it for someone considering buying a wash there and I was seeing conflicting information when I did a quick search.

cherintrowers

Reaction score
Pennsylvania state taxes include income taxes, sales taxes, estate, personal property taxes, inheritance taxes, and even the outdated estate tax. The state also adds a few small tax surprises, depending on what you buy there. It has the second-highest gas tax in the country. Technically, Pennsylvania doesn't collect property and personal property taxes, nоt at the state level. But its counties, municipalities, аnd school districts do. Usually, people make paystubs, which have everything written on them to see all this information.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
You should count your lucky stars you don't do business in Washington State, we pay 10.1% sales tax on everything at the car wash.

hyacinthyaffe5

Reaction score
Finding reliable lawyers to care for your problems is very hard. When you are in legal trouble, it is very important to hire the right lawyer. Choose a lawyer with no experience in the field you need. It will be difficult for them to handle your case effectively. The best way to find a reliable lawyer is by asking around and looking at their website. You can also ask other people who have hired lawyers in the past and see if they have any recommendations for a good lawyer. I found a great expert after reading the article from https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/what-tax-preparers-need-to-know-before-3976518/.

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Finding reliable lawyers to care for your problems is very hard. When you are in legal trouble, it is very important to hire the right lawyer.
How do you find the right lawyer?

Etowah