What's new

PDQ Virtual Treadle

Etowah

stud

Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me what to look for when the trolley stops half way across the back of the vehicle, arch rotates, bridge goes forward and hits the vehicle. I am positive there is an issue with the VT measurement but I cannot pin point the problem.

boywonder

Reaction score
Its (X30) related. Check your prox, cord, and festoon. Also there was another thread relating to this. Mine was a festoon wire.

stud

Reaction score
That is what I assumed was causing this issue but why is it happening? The VT board counts the pulse targets on the drivers side and the Laserwash software counts the pulse targets on the passengers side.

boywonder

Reaction score
There is a short happening somewhere along your X30 back to the J0. The computer is counting the short as a pulse, instead of counting the flag pulses. Also make sure you have a shielded X30 prox cord.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
One thing to check also, is to make sure that the pulse bar is flat, and not rusted out or warped. this can cause the prox switch to count extra pulses and turn early

Etowah

madscientist

Reaction score
I agree. It's most likely the x30 prox. It may look good from the ground, but be sure to take it off and look at it. If it has horizontal scratches on it, it's probably bad.

As already mentioned, the pulse bar could be the cause, but you'll need a new prox. I've found that with changing temperature and humidity, the rails of the bridge sort of bow in and out. This leads to the x30 prox slightly scraping the pulse bar from time to time, even if it is adjusted properly.