What's new

PDQ Tandem ProTouch breaks down. What was the issue?

Reaction score
This is the link of the video of the ProTouch tandem breaking down. What happened here? Was it an issue with the programming? It stopped all of a sudden and it appeared to to an emergency rinse. The dryers started and the front brush moved in front of our car and went to the side. Dryers then shut off when we pulled out.

Reaction score
Interesting. A similar incident happened with a Ryko OHD Us2001 back when it was still there before it got replaced with a SoftGloss MAXX. Thank you for telling me!

Reaction score
I had a similar experience with a SoftGloss MAXX once. Brushes stopped, performed an emergency rinse, then the dryers turned on and it told us to exit. I don't operate a wash, but if I had to guess, it was a problem with the computer controller.

Reaction score
yeah, could have been the top brush not at home or a brad proximity switch for the back bridge home flag, the way the front bridge just sat spinning on the rear quarter it needs to see the back bridge fully at home and brush in up position or it considers it a possible collision of the two bridges and times out, then goes into abort with rinse and or dryers depending on Programming. looks like the Westford MA location.

mac

Reaction score
When discussing automatics, I tell people that the neat thing about them is that the computer controls every function and detail of the machine. Then I tell them the bad thing is that the computer controls every function and detail of the machine. Ever had to shut off your computer because it was doing something odd?

midwestcarwash

Reaction score
Probally a emergency rinse,

Either something happend that the flashdry didn’t kick on correctly. Usually if this problem occurs you have to call PDQ For A Service Call! That would be my guess. Cause on those PDQ Tandem’s They have a flash dry and a spot free rinse and normally the flash dry kicks on with the dryers. And then the spot free rinse is usually a extra rinse that goes out the other manifolds with the dryers. But that’s my guess it’s a emergency rinse that happened. Did by any chance the emergency stop button was pressed?

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know! Luckily, the owner was here and rewashed our car in one of the LW360 Bays. I was thinking it was an emergency rinse. I assume the emergency button was pressed and I’m sure the owner called PDQ

Reaction score
Don't listen to Autowarn Wash systems, he's an 11 year kid who is very rude, he lies, and autowarn isn't even a real company.