What's new

PDQ Paystation’s? Quality pros cons

cap732000

Reaction score
I am looking at buying a B series generation 2 Paystation for one of my locations and it has been brought to my attention that they have many computer upgrades over the years they thought that make them useless unless you buy there upgraded technology. Anybody had any experience with these Paystation’s any pro cons I need to be aware of?

Last edited:

friesmaniac99

Car Wash Enthusiast
Reaction score
I myself have not bought one but I have used one. From my point of view it worked good. No lag and it processed the credit card fast. Usually you buy a PDQ PayStation if you own some laserwash. I don't know.

mac

Reaction score
I ALWAWS prefer a unit independent of the auto. Gives you more freedom when making choices. Here’s my recommendations: if you need a bullet proof unit go with Hamilton. They are very robust. If you want something with lots of whiz bang go with Unitec.

cap732000

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses and it is a laserwash. And Mac I am leaning toward your advice I have Hamilton at one location and it’s
Been a fairly dependable machine,however, I like the unitec capabilities to print receipts and if I’m correct you have to run a fan system to do this with a Hamilton?

mac

Reaction score
I believe the Hamiltons do come with a small fan. Here in south FL we have had to install a cooling fan in a Unitec. During the summer the owner put a thermometer inside his Portal and it was a constant 120 F inside. So we cut a hole in the rear of the kiosk and put a small fan in. Even though Unitec said that temp would be OK, I know that the more heat you have with electronics, the more issues you will have.

MEP001

Reaction score
Hamilton Goldline units have a fan but it only runs in the winter with the heater. I like Bill Pitzer's idea of a computer fan in the room blowing air through the conduit and into the cabinet.

There are Goldline units all over Texas. It can get so hot you can hardly touch it while you're opening the door and it doesn't harm anything, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try and keep it cool.