What's new

pdq M5 error stuck in bay exit outside eye 1sensor on

Liberty

Reaction score
I am having a problem with the M5 when the wash is completed the wash does not go back to its home position.
laser stays up front need to reset machine then all is fine.
It does not happen continuously
Error code says stuck in bay exit outside eye 1 sensor on.
any info would be appreciated.
The only outside sensor i have is for my exit door?
Thanks Mike

APW

Reaction score
It sounds like one of your ultrasonics on the exit side of the bridge is bad, its thinking the car is still in there. You can go to the M5 homepage and under diagnostics look for ultrasonics, you can watch them as a car loads and unloads. A lot of time there will be a different reading on the ultrasonic that is bad. There is a test you can do with your remote to check the Ultrasonics. I believe it is I/O 99 but I am probably wrong. Call PDQ and they can tell you which I/O test it is.

Liberty

Reaction score
Thank for the info
I think i may have figured it out also i have noticed that my floor concrete is not looking smooth pebbles and stone are protruding.
Wondering like you said maybe the ultrasonics are not giving a true reading and signal is bouncing in different directions thinking there is a car still in bay.I will put a skim coat on it tomorrow to smooth out concrete at exit.
I will reply once I verify if that was the fix.
Thank you

Liberty

Reaction score
APM I put a skim coat on my floor in the bay underneath where the Laser would be as car exits.
Problem solved there was some aggregate showing on the concrete with the skim coat it filled in the
voids in the floor.
Thanks for pointing me in right direction.
Mike (Liberty)

Reactions: APW