What's new

PDQ M5 Dryer Eyes

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We would like to wire in a set of photo eyes so when a customer drives through the blowers too fast it will kill the remaining dryer time on our M5. Can anyone tell me where the signal should be wired into? I’ve looked at all the various inputs and none of them sound exactly quite right.
Thanks.

washnshine

Reaction score
We would like to wire in a set of photo eyes so when a customer drives through the blowers too fast it will kill the remaining dryer time on our M5. Can anyone tell me where the signal should be wired into? I’ve looked at all the various inputs and none of them sound exactly quite right.
Thanks.
I don’t have an answer for your question, but just as a thought - can you use the existing door photo eyes? All the PDQ installations l have seen have a set on the outside of the building so the exit door can close when the costumer clears. Can you piggyback off that set?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We are reinstalling two M5's we removed last year from one of our other sites. The site they're now in has Wyndstar doors on the exits and their photoeyes are wired into the Wyndstar motor/controller which is a pain in the ass to access and and work on. It was easier to simply mount a new set of eyes inside the bay while wire is being pulled back to the equipment room. I'm just not sure where they need to input to.