What's new

PDQ Laser Dry Dryer Problem

bobcat9095

Reaction score
I have an older Laser Dry. It keeps burning up contactors and overloads. I was told it was the plc and to by pass that and put a time delay on it and it would fix the problem. After about 500 washes, it did it again. Any ideas, answers, solutions. Besides buying a new dryer! Thanks.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
What's the amp draw on the contactor/motor starter on all 3 legs of power? Is it doing this on both contactors or just one. check the ground on both motors also ground the motor windings also. What's the contactor size rated for the amps are your belts and bearings in smooth working order to reduce extra amps on the motor. What's the incoming voltage and coil voltage ? More info man and the guys on here will help you.

wash4me

Reaction score
If you end up needing them I sell WEG motor starters and should be able to get what you need and ship it for way less than what you're paying. We basically recommend putting in oversized starters for high cycle applications. A typical iec motor starter is rated for 6 or less starts per hour then it has to be derated unless it's oversized.