What's new

PDQ G5 Speed Controller - Value $$?

easywash

Reaction score
I need a little help from all you PDQ G5 owners out there...

I recently had my Speed Controller go on one of my units... I just about hit the floor when I was told how much it would be for a new one.

Just wondering if anyone else has had to replace a Speed Controller and what the cost was?

Private Message me if you would prefer not to post it.

Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, it's not a proprietary device. You should be able to find one for about 1/3rd the PDQ price.

easywash

Reaction score
Unbelievable!

Well... it gets worse... I was told to expect a $3000 Bill for the speed controller and I was shocked by that... Got the bill today.

$5445.04!!!!

I was charged $4455 for the speed controller the balance is labour and taxes...

Is it just me or does that seem way out of line?

I would really appreciated any feedback from other operators who have changed out a PDQ G5 Speed Controller.

carwashexpress

Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the pump speed controller.
I just bought e new "upgrade kit " for the new controller. It cost me 2200.00 from my PDQ distributor. We installed ourself. Better call your distributor.

carwashexpress

Reaction score
Forgot to tell you , we have replaced at least two controllers on each machine over the past 9 years. We have Serial # 63 and 64. Have never paid more than $2600. for any speed controller.

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
Geoff-

I have been in contact with your distributor. If they haven't contacted you yet, please give them a call.

PWW001

Reaction score
Oops

This price was a clerical mistake which could have easily been corrected by a phone call instead of going against forum rules and discussing suppliers and prices. Customer was charged for the 2 we brought in by mistake.

easywash

Reaction score
Thanks for Fixing It

It seems the price I was was given was clerical error and my invoice is being adjusted as we speak :)

Had I not posted my concerns I would have never known.

Thanks carwashexpress for the info it really helped.

Geoff