What's new

PDQ G5 - Injectors and Blocks

easywash

Reaction score
Is anyone else with a PDQ G5 having issues with their chemical injectors and the stainless injector blocks?

I am going through injectors like there is no tomorrow and in the last year I've lost one injector block due to "Presoak Corrosion".

I just saw this http://www.hydraflexinc.com/pdf/HFI_HYDRA-CANNON.pdf and it got me thinking :)

I like the fact that the blocks are modular. With the PDQ version is you loose one seat with corrosion you have to replace the entire block at $500 plus.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hydra Cannon product?

Spotwashman

Reaction score
G5 Blocks

I have a Hydraflex block kit I have been using for about 3 months. It works great and you can use the same type of injectors as used on a 4000.

BoomerSooner

Reaction score
I don't have any experience with the G5 but are they using stainless steel injectors? If so there are really only 2 reasons that you will go through injectors the way you are. First of course is the typical one and that is, is your water hard, and the other, what type of chemical are you using?

Spotwashman

Reaction score
Injectors

I use soft water and a high and low ph pre-soak. Injectors are a Kynar type product, so they don't degrade as far as I have seen.

randy64

Reaction score
I have a Hydraflex block kit I have been using for about 3 months. It works great and you can use the same type of injectors as used on a 4000.
Do you have this setup on a G 5? Also, where in the midwest are you? I have been using the Kynar injectors on the low ph and so far (few months) there working well.

Spotwashman

Reaction score
Injectors

I am using both a low and high ph product on a G5. The Hydraflex injectors seem to hold up so far.

Reaction score
we were running an acid based low ph presoak and ate up one of the stainless blocks. We changed to different soap because of that. We do tend to go through the kynar g5 style injectors more often than I think we should but not as often after going with a less aggressive soap. I actually when working for a distributor saw a brand new site running the soap we used to use had a leak in the bay allowing to drip to the floor , ate up the concrete in that spot within a few days. I know we want to get rid of the dreaded "eye Brow" but I think this stuff was just too strong. Cleaning cars fine with our current solutions.

as far as pre-mature inj failure, on the old acid soap we were having to rebuild our stainless injectors on the laser 4000's we have due to swelling of the o-ring inside, seems to have the same effect on the o-ring in the kynar inj, but they are non repairable and not cheap.

I clicked on a similar post link , maybe I should have looked at the date before responding to this. ;)

Last edited:

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Equipment can be set up to handle acidic products. Sounds like the machine you were referring to were not properly set up. The only acidic products I have seen that will severely damage concrete and some equipment contain hydrofluoric acid. Not many acidic products on the market today contain HF or will damage properly set up equipment.

Reaction score
our machines were untouched as manufactured, solid stainless steel block, standard solenoid, and kynar injector. I worked for a distributor for 6 years. And I was factory trained by PDQ on G5 installation and repair. The chem was not hydrofluoric. But It definitely damaged the stainless, and it eroded the concrete at the site that had a leak in a union.

Reaction score
kleen track NC. supposedly citrus acid based. definitely caused some issues. Im sure something could be changed to make it work. But on the G5 the block is proprietary and has 2 soaps and a wax app built into one block so its not a quick change to another material or set up. I think we just did a test run of another low ph soap and the boss scratched it after 1 drum, started to see the same issues, and was eating right through the jic fittings on the low pressure hoses. 5 machines. I know other tunnels and operators that used the product with little issues. maybe its just how the G5 is plumbed that causes the problem? and the site that had the concrete issue was a new 3 bay the chem supplier set up all the ratios and did the titrations so I imagine the dilution was right.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
The MSDS information on that product lists its pH at lower than 2. That is a very strong acid. I would think that would not be a good presoak under most circumstances. I would try to find a low pH presoak in the 4 - 5 pH range. It also states that it is incompatible with other chemicals.