What's new

PDQ Access not dispensing cash for change?

JCate

Reaction score
I am a new car wash owner, and have run into an issue with one of the Access units not recognizing the cash drawer is in place. I ran the diagnostic test and the result given was “Feed Error - Check Cassette” I can’t see any other notes in the manual or online about how to work through this, and am wondering if anyone here had experienced this error before? Thank you in advance for your help!

New Washdog

Reaction score
I am a new car wash owner, and have run into an issue with one of the Access units not recognizing the cash drawer is in place. I ran the diagnostic test and the result given was “Feed Error - Check Cassette” I can’t see any other notes in the manual or online about how to work through this, and am wondering if anyone here had experienced this error before? Thank you in advance for your help!
Yes, have you looked to see if the bill path is clear? I would start with removing the cassette, inspect and reinstall.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
How old is your Access Machine? Sometimes those bill dispensers just wear out, the belts go bad, etc. We've had ours replaced once, and PDQ will rebuild the old one, so we now always have a spare.

New Washdog

Reaction score
How old is your Access Machine? Sometimes those bill dispensers just wear out, the belts go bad, etc. We've had ours replaced once, and PDQ will rebuild the old one, so we now always have a spare.
If anyone needs spare parts let me know. I just took three working Access machines out.

STXCW

Reaction score
take the cassette out and check for a stuck bill in the dispenser.

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
Sometimes you can turn the gears on the side and it will start working. It's almost like it just sticks and needs some help to get going. If you need to replace, it can be found online for at least half the price of what PDQ charges and probably more. Bell ATM did have an advanced exchange where they send you a refurb unit and you send your old one back.

JCate

Reaction score
take the cassette out and check for a stuck bill in the dispenser.
Oh my gosh !! Is there EVER a bill stuck in there !! It’s so stuck I can’t get it to move - I’ve tried pushing it along and I think it might be ripped - any hints ?