What's new

PDQ 4000 still a good machine?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am still considering what I want to do. My past experience with an inverted L (vectors) was that they made cleaning more challenging compared to gantry units. But I’m also curious as to the potential of these machines if they were properly rehabbed and updated. Wraps could make them look like totally different machines to the casual observer. Plus, lasers have their fan base. In addition, retaining these would greatly simplify and speed reopening the wash.

Are there any performance upgrades to these machines I need to consider like turbo nozzles or software?

DavidM

Reaction score
Hey Greg, at one time we had a Laser4000 and a Vector. The Laser outcleaned the Vector by a wide margin. Belanger sold the Vector as a Laser with 2 arms but it wasnt nearly as good.

I wouldn't hesitate to run a 4000. With good chemistry it will clean great. The main reason we removed ours was to gain capacity. We were maxing out too often wanted to gain a few cph.
Unless you are anxious to spend some money, I would clean up the Lasers and grow the customer base.

David

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
On the PDQ Web site you can get a brand new bridge for this machine for about 27 K. They offer lots of upgrades . Go to there web site and hit the parts button .

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Gotta admit that I am apprehensive in spending much money on these puppies. I can get a used WW 2.0 installed for probably 25K. I know those units well. With on board tire clean and rocker panel blasters I know their capabilities. I'm not a big fan of the gatlin gunners. They look cool, but wetting the side of the car impairs the ability of the presoak to do it's job. I can see where they would be very useful in the snowbelt though.

I'm going to check rail length and material and maybe just crank them up when the water gets turned on. If they seem to work I might give them a shot.. If not, Well, they'll be on the for sale forum in a couple of Months-cheap.

Thanks for the input guys!
'

washnshine

Reaction score
The 4000s where way ahead of there time when they came out.
Sure were. Most of the competing machines at that time were on fixed tracks and did not size the cars. Even if you look at the most current lasers, its still an inverted L on a bridge that sizes the sides front and back. Sure - way more features and options now, but the basic design still holds up. Lots of other good manufacturers still using this too - like Washworld.