What's new

PC&D Magazine Survey

Kate Carr

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello all,

My thanks to Bill for his permission (and encouragement) to post a link to Professional Carwashing & Detailing's latest survey concerning the impact of the economy on carwash businesses.

To participate in the 10-question survey, please follow this link:
http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229AGR7NP63

My thanks in advance for your interest and participation. Results of the survey wil be published in our August 2009 issue and available at www.carwash.com.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I didn't like the fact that I didn't have the choice as to whether or not I have seen a downturn. Just my .02

bigleo48

Reaction score
Kate,

Same here...I have not seen a downturn and cannot say so. Kinda flawed survey :(

Once upon a time I couldn't wait for the PC&D mag to arrive each month...now I hardly give it a second look. To me there are a few things missing...like letters to the editor and more articles from end users such as Earl's Vac checks last month. Just more detailed stuff because the articles seem to be more for newbies and barely scratch the surface. They typically just don't offer any real help :(

I understand you must sell advertising and creating content costs $, but by not staying relevant you chance loosing market share to upstarts such as the new Kleen Scene publication from Kleenrite that wasn't have bad for a first try.

Big

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Kate,

Same here...I have not seen a downturn and cannot say so. Kinda flawed survey :(

Once upon a time I couldn't wait for the PC&D mag to arrive each month...now I hardly give it a second look. To me there are a few things missing...like letters to the editor and more articles from end users such as Earl's Vac checks last month. Just more detailed stuff because the articles seem to be more for newbies and barely scratch the surface. They typically just don't offer any real help :(

I understand you must sell advertising and creating content costs $, but by not staying relevant you chance loosing market share to upstarts such as the new Kleen Scene publication from Kleenrite that wasn't have bad for a first try.

Big
I agree Leo. It seems that they are more slanted to the new owner or potential new investors. I rarely read PC&D anymore.

mac

Reaction score
The one trade magazine that I get and find really relavent is "Cleaner Times". It's for pressure cleaning people. The articles are actually written by someone other than a salesman. They have had great series of electrical troubleshooting and pump repairs. Many good how to things on specific cleaning areas. Does the company that owns that mag also own PC&D ? If so, I would borrow somw of their authors.