What's new

Paystation

Chad

Reaction score
We have an American Paystion with credit card acceptance. When a customer tries a credit card and it does not work for any reason (decline or bad strip on card) the customer will then put cash in. The paystion eats the cash giving no credit or change. The friendly folks at American tell us the paystation should not even try to accept cash when in credit card acceptance mode. Any ideas?

MEP001

Reaction score
What type of validator? If it's a Mars, make sure it isn't always enabled.

washnvac

Reaction score
I have 7 of those with CoinCo validators. They none will accept cash when the cc option is selected. Strange. Not much help for your issue.

wvann

Reaction score
I have the same paystation, same problem. If they don't cancel out and select cash, it will accept the money, but doesn't give any credit and will not refund.

Chad

Reaction score
It is a Mars validator, it is set on Always Enable. I switched it to Harness Enable then is would not take cash in any mode, cash or credit.

Joe Law

Reaction score
Chad, the Mars validator should only have dips 1,2 and 4 on or you can use it with all the switches off. If the validator is still taking bills when credit card has been selected and you have all the switches off on the Mars validator then there is a problem with the main logic board in the machine. If you turn all the switches off and it still takes bills when credit card is selected then contact our service department at 888-741-9840 and ask for Lenny.