What's new

Paystation Location

Overachiever

Reaction score
I'm lengthening my bay and raising my roof to make room for a new IBA, just wondering if anything has changed in the last 30 years when my old paystation enclosure was built.

How far away from the entrance to the bay are people building their paystation enclosures now days? What height from the ground should the paystation be at? Should the paystation be even with the wall to the entrance (or offset in some direction)?

Thanks!

MGSMN

Reaction score
Typically:

Front edge of the pay station should line up with the edge of the door opening (assuming a 10' wide door).
Center line of the pay station should be approximately 11' 6" from door.
Pedestal that holds the pay station are approximately 3' height for grade level mount or 30" height for curb mount.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is 8' back from door opening and 4' from bay center line. works great but get bollards etc to protect it because even in the perfect spot people will hit it. You get an blonde, elderly, Lithuanian woman in a cowboy hat and you might as well have jersey barriers surrounding the cashier. LOL.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Both my machines are about 6' inside the door opening. Most people drift left a bit and this forces them opposite that. I believe Washworld layout recommends it that way.

Etowah