What's new

Pay station height

Kirb

Reaction score
How many courses of block should there be to the bottom of the pay station?
Thanks,
Kirb

bigleo48

Reaction score
Kirb,

I suggest you look at the documentation for your entry system. For example, if you had a Unitec WSII, I would just look at the dimensions of the pedestal to get the ground to unit height suggested by the manufacturer for that exact machine.
Big

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
Kirb,

Big is right, it all depends on the paystation that you are mounting. We have PDQ Access units, and add 6" to the height that they spell out in their specs because we have a high concentration of SUV's and pickups in upstate NY. It's difficult to hit a height that is good for all makes and models of vehicles, but we tend to like ours a 1/2 course of blocks higher than normal.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The location of the bill slot on your machine should dictate the height. That is the most used and important part and should be at a convenient height. IIRC, I have mine at about 46".

B

blake247

Kirb,

Big is right, it all depends on the paystation that you are mounting. We have PDQ Access units, and add 6" to the height that they spell out in their specs because we have a high concentration of SUV's and pickups in upstate NY. It's difficult to hit a height that is good for all makes and models of vehicles, but we tend to like ours a 1/2 course of blocks higher than normal.
That's what I did as well.