What's new

Pay station and demographics

jubalr

Reaction score
Is that the 8" screen? How did you even find out they made these kits as they are not on their website.
Yes, that's the 8". They had them on display at the show in Nashville. I believe for American Changer, Unitec Select Wash, Hamilton and maybe others. I had been looking at paystations to replace my old AC and when I saw these at the show I was floored. Such a reasonable way to upgrade to modern tech without spending thousands!

OurTown

Reaction score
Yes, that's the 8". They had them on display at the show in Nashville. I believe for American Changer, Unitec Select Wash, Hamilton and maybe others. I had been looking at paystations to replace my old AC and when I saw these at the show I was floored. Such a reasonable way to upgrade to modern tech without spending thousands!

We were there only one day and spent too much time at some of the other booths so we missed it. How are the credit card and other fees?

jubalr

Reaction score
We were there only one day and spent too much time at some of the other booths so we missed it. How are the credit card and other fees?
They are reasonable and in line with what I had prior. Not sure the exact figures, but they are less complicated with just a straight % I believe.

bert79

Reaction score
OK, Thanx. I've had the doors about 90 days. So far been good..
I’m glad they have been good for you! Sounds like a viable option for me too. I was scared away from idx because of some of the problems mentioned on this forum but I fully understand that problems can be fixed.

jubalr

Reaction score
I’m glad they have been good for you! Sounds like a viable option for me too. I was scared away from idx because of some of the problems mentioned on this forum but I fully understand that problems can be fixed.
Call IDX and ask for Alex. he handles these door replacements. The thing to remember about feedback you read on 'forums', and I belong to several HW forums of different products over the 30yrs I've been on them, starting with BBS forums before there was a Web:
People don't go online to post specifically about there positive experience with a product. They search and go online for others with the same problems they have for solutions. If you find 10 people on a forum with a bad experience, that may be high compared to the regular users of that forum, but only 1% of the general public.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
IDX may well have cleaned up their act, but their service has been so bad in the past that I would hate to hand over 7K to them, especially when it's for an automatic paystation. It's bad enough to have to wait forever for a coin acceptor to be returned from repair (usually came back with same problem). No one can afford their turnaround time when their IBA is down.

Zal

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I too missed this at the show but will give it a good look!
Mike

OurTown

Reaction score
Where do you find info on this IDX upgrade kit? (besides at next year's show)

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I know they have been trying to improve for awhile. I guess this is downfall of dealing direct with the manufacturer who receives parts for repair from all over the world. I am sure they can get backlogged from time to time. I am just amazed they can still repair some of my units (acceptors, timers, and other products) that are close to 20 years old.
I have unitec wash select IIs mostly. They are extremely reliable. Although I like the technology upgrade I am hesitant to modify to the point of relying on a third party for support. This might be a neat option to look at in a couple of years after they've been in the field a while. Can anyone confirm direct decent support for these?

This looks like a great option for old entry wizards and American pay stations. You can buy those for close to scrap prices.

Can anyone post a video of a transaction? I'd like to see it work.

RAM

Reaction score
Where do you find info on this IDX upgrade kit? (besides at next year's show)
OurTown--I don't think they have any literature on website yet. Just call or email them and they will send you the literature sheets they had at the shows for the the replacement doors, their cc/loyalty/fleet system, RFID, and more. I talked to them the other day and they are getting replacement doors for the older RYKO AMTT laid out for a customer who requested. Looks like another option for those who have those older RYKO units.

OurTown

Reaction score
Mike from IDX said they can install a 10" screen in the Hamilton kit. He also said they have prototypes out in the field for four years and production models out there for three years. Credit card fees are $29.99/mo plus if ticket is under $5 then the fee is 5.95%, if over $5 then it is 2.95% plus $.10. Like Cryptopay they will combine transactions in a two hour window and that time can be adjusted. Apparently they are making complete entry systems and changers too.

OurTown

Reaction score
I would want to hear from owners of this pay station conversion before buying one but it is an interesting alternative to what is out there. I asked Mike about turnaround and repair-ability of their timers and coin acceptors. He said right now they are 6 weeks on acceptors and 2 on timers. The reason so many can't be repaired is because the chips that were installed are no longer available. I called Dixmor for an unrelated issue but I did ask what the turnaround is on repairs. He said usually one day but they have the same issue on older chip availability making some items not repairable.

OurTown

Reaction score
Here is their lower end complete entry system and I think he said it was around $13K.

E1010 Brochure.jpeg

OurTown

Reaction score
Here is their flagship entry system.

E3010 Brochure.jpeg

OurTown

Reaction score
Here is their wash club RFID system.

ASGARD WINDSHIELD PROTOTYPE 2.jpeg

washnvac

Reaction score
Jubair-- could you provide an update on your experience the past two years, please? I am very interested in this product.

Thanks.

jubalr

Reaction score
I've had the IDX replacement doors for over 2 years now. Good reliability, but waiting on the reader upgrade for contactless and chip. Should have it in the next couple of weeks.

Etowah