What's new

Pay station and demographics

Zal

Reaction score
Hey all,
Looking at paystations for a PDQ 360 touchless. Anyone care to share your thoughts on what you use and what the newer technology can do for in bay owners? Also interested in size of your town and how near to tunnel washes you might be?
Thanks!

Zal

Reaction score
Anybody got any advice?

Last edited:

Zal

Reaction score
Anyone using Apple Pay?

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
I would really like to know what percentage use Google or Apple Pay because we are going to get that option on our Unitec Sentinel.

jubalr

Reaction score
Anyone using Apple Pay?
Take a look at the replacement doors from IDX. They replace you existing doors on the Hamilton and have a nice color touch screen along with a modern CC reader with Google Pay Apple Pay and a CC Chip reader. They also do fleet and loyalty programs. These doors are much less expensive than putting in new pay stations and a great way to upgrade to modern features. When I bought my wash last year it had 2 old American Changer pay stations that I hated. The small LED screens were difficult to read for my customers. Now when they drive up they have a nice 8" color touch screen to work with.

bert79

Reaction score
Take a look at the replacement doors from IDX. They replace you existing doors on the Hamilton and have a nice color touch screen along with a modern CC reader with Google Pay Apple Pay and a CC Chip reader. They also do fleet and loyalty programs. These doors are much less expensive than putting in new pay stations and a great way to upgrade to modern features. When I bought my wash last year it had 2 old American Changer pay stations that I hated. The small LED screens were difficult to read for my customers. Now when they drive up they have a nice 8" color touch screen to work with.
Any chance you could post pics of these replacement doors for the hamilton goldline?? We have a hamilton acw4 and are looking for different options for upgrading. Thanks! Also, does anyone else have experience with the IDX replacement doors?

Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score

Although I'm not crazy about IDX this sounds interesting but I can't find any info on it. Is it new from them and what did it cost? Photos please.

bert79

Reaction score
I know what you mean Ourtown. I have read a ton on the forum about how people are not happy with IDX so it makes me a bit apprehensive but considering the cost of an entirely new autocashier, I would definitely consider replacing the door with a more modern version. I too could not find anything like this with a quick google search. Hopefully others can comment.

RAM

Reaction score
New to the forum. I have some photos of these units during production before units were shipped to customers. A couple photos were sent back of the install. I will find photos and post for reference. Most have been stock logo on front. I will try to find good photos of some who have done custom themed logos for door fronts.

jubalr

Reaction score
I know what you mean Ourtown. I have read a ton on the forum about how people are not happy with IDX so it makes me a bit apprehensive but considering the cost of an entirely new autocashier, I would definitely consider replacing the door with a more modern version. I too could not find anything like this with a quick google search. Hopefully others can comment.
What sort of problems are people having with IDX? I know I have their coin acceptors that have been installed for years.

bert79

Reaction score
I found an IDX price list that has them at about $7k for each kit. The kits have a 4", 8" or 12" display depending on the model of pay station.

https://www.idxinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019-IDX-Price-List.pdf
From the descriptions at least these look like viable options for replacement of an acw4 or goldline door. A nice retrofit adding many nice features like loyalty and bar code readers and even pin hole cameras. 7k is steep but a heck of a lot cheaper than other options.

bert79

Reaction score
What sort of problems are people having with IDX? I know I have their coin acceptors that have been installed for years.
Just search idx on this forum and you will find many people are not satisfied with their service or build quality anymore.