What's new

Party Circuit

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who's having parties this year? I have heard who is not and, quite frankly, I am saddened by this.

Last year I went to some good ones and in Fla. too the year before.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do the cricket chirps I hear imply that said parties are 'by invite (v.i.p.'s) only' ?:p

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Almost all receptions that are still held are by invitation only. Many companies have stopped or curtailed much of the added entertainment expenses they once had. Many have also reduced booth space. Eventually I believe the show will become an every other year event with the regionals being held on the off years. It is simply too costly to exhibit and entertain as much as many have done in the past.

By the way, our industry is not the only one that has reduced trade shows. I have read that many shows that traditionally have booked sites years in advance are cancelling some of those dates.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Dave--I guess we'll be stuck at Bill's party. Us Hillbillies are lucky to get in to that one. I am going to check on a few.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay thanks. And thank you Bill P for inviting me to your generous party.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Tthe best way to find other "freebies" is to check with your distributor or in some cases the companies you deal with. In an effort to cut down on expenses and non-customers very seldom do companies do much "advertising" if they have a reception and if they do it is through their distributors.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I was waiting for Superior Carwash Systems' party invite in the mail. Then I got desperate when it didn't arrive so I started asking around, hoping to get word of another fun time of reggae:cool:, cheap cocktails:eek: and finger foods:), like in Fla.( Thanks Belanger!).

I own Superior Equipment and if they did throw a party I bet I'd be invited because I do like my SS and IBA equipment made by them and I'd surely have been a cheerleader for them if they had stayed in business.:(