What's new

Parts from Hammel Mfg after fire

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I haven't checked everywhere, but I have checked with Windtrax and KR. Where can I get coated aluminum foam brush handles, triple foam guns, coated wands, flex wands, etc.?

I feel Hammel's pain and have no doubt that they are busting their balls trying to get back up and running, but............... What to do in the mean time? Certianly they are not the only suppliers of these parts. If they are shame on us as an industry for allowing this to happen and shame on Hammel's customers (Windtrax, KR and others) for not requiring a contingency plan in the event of a catastrophe. I spent many years in the plastics industry and If my factory burned down without a contingency plan in place there would have been ZERO gas powered weedeaters (string trimmers) manufactured or sold un the US. You can bet we had a contingency plan - my customers demanded it.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you saying that Windtrax and Kleen-Rite have none of the things you listed?

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Are you saying that Windtrax and Kleen-Rite have none of the things you listed?
Yes, that's what I said, but let me be more clear.

The only ones I have been trying to order are the rubber coated wands and the tri-foam guns. I just assumed the other items I listed were in limited supply as well.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ghetto Wash said:
Yes, that's what I said
I assumed that's what you meant, but it wasn't actually stated. I only asked because I was about to order some tri-foam guns myself.

I thought I had read a post by CRHAMEL that they were up and running making stuff, but I can't find it.

CRHAMEL

Reaction score
Hello All
The Hamel family is going throught a whirlwind of events.We have good Insc.
We are re-building at the same location. Short, Short story... We had a back up plan but....6 weeks after our fire. The place that was making over 40 k CNC parts for us burned to the ground. (Google Nebraska machine fire over a 15 mill. $$ Fire). they lost over 70k mfg ft.We had 2 guys working their all OK once again but, the work load went right back to us . FYI: we scrapped over 170k with of scrap/burned machines. Our whole project hindges around POWER!!! our old mfg plant used 1400 amps of power. We are operating out of 2 buildings with a temp power of 800 amps.untill our new building gets erected. (in the next 2 weeks)The good news is that we are getting parts out as best as we can. Your Dist should have Galv/SS wands and FB on hand right now.We are getting Flexwands made as we speak Dist. should have them on the shelfs in 2 weeks MAX! We are moving forward daily!!! The good news is we are going to have some of the best mfg equipment. We are going to have a state of the art facility. Its just getting their. One hard part their are not to many local shops that can handel our work load in a speclized industry. We want to let everyone know that we are doing this for the love of the car wash industry. After all The Car wash Industry has formed the Hamel family into who we are today. The end result is a QUALITY product. For a Industry that is ALL Family... We thank-you for your patiance and any words of encouragement is welcome please feel free to give us a call any time or post any questions
1800-657-2139 or CRHAMEL@MSN.COM Shoot me a eamail and I wil share FIRE PICS
We also had our GC fall had shatter his heel in 51 spots, He was also the first
to the fire scene and the fire cheif.....Truth is ALWAYS stranger than fiction