What's new

Parking Lot Income

carwashbg

Reaction score
Does anyone rent out parking lot space to windshield repair or other service/vendors? If yes, how much do you charge monthly? Thanks.

mac

Reaction score
Timely question as I’m talking to someone later about putting a food truck on site. That would pay maybe $400 a month.

carwashbg

Reaction score
Thanks- appreciate the info. The wash I’m buying is in on a street with 26,000 vehicles per day. Not enough room on lot for food truck but could rent out a couple of spaces for windshield repair etc. Was thinking maybe $500 a month, but not sure if that’s too high.

MEP001

Reaction score
People usually get $1500-2000 a month for a food truck in Austin if they supply them water and electric.

I wouldn't expect much from a windshield repair. I can't imagine they would do the volume. I also wouldn't want them soliciting customers, which I expect they would have to do to get enough business.

carwashbg

Reaction score
Thanks for info. Would love to do a food truck, trying to configure a way that doesn’t interfere with car wash, but may not be possible. Good point about soliciting customers, wouldn’t want that. Any other ideas for who to rent lot space to?

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
FWIW, several years ago I rented space to food truck and he did will until i received a letter from the lawyers for the 7/11 beside
me with a copy of agreement from the county and the 7/11 saying no food to be sold within 500 yards of 7/11 property line.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Thanks- appreciate the info. The wash I’m buying is in on a street with 26,000 vehicles per day. Not enough room on lot for food truck but could rent out a couple of spaces for windshield repair etc. Was thinking maybe $500 a month, but not sure if that’s too high.
Make sure to check your insurance policy to see if you’d be covered for any incidents involving a renter. May need extra liability which is cheap or the renter likely needs to provide proof of coverage.

washnshine

Reaction score
Timely question as I’m talking to someone later about putting a food truck on site. That would pay maybe $400 a month.
Are you setting a certain amount of hours/days for the truck to be there, or did they come to you with that already in mind? And are you basing your price on their time on your property with the truck, or is it a flat fee you would charge?

carwashbg

Reaction score
Don’t have a parking lot tenant yet, but it’s a busy street. I’d want something that pays monthly since would be easier for me.

carwashbg

Reaction score
Make sure to check your insurance policy to see if you’d be covered for any incidents involving a renter. May need extra liability which is cheap or the renter likely needs to provide proof of coverage.
Good point- thanks.