What's new

Parker Regulators Always Leak

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
For my foam brush chemical.
I've been using these for years and never really had a problem before.
Recently got 2 new ones from Kleen Rite, and they both leak, right out of the box. Seem to be leaking from underneath the adjustment knob.
Like usual, they are set around 30 - 35 PSI.
Flojet pumps directly into the valve.
Anyone else have problems with these valves ?
I would like to switch to a different brand, but don't know which one is good. parker valve.jpg

mac

Reaction score
You should be able to add a check valve to stop the liquid.

MEP001

Reaction score
Try tightening the plastic top onto the brass base.

I think these are no longer made, Cash Acme part # 13014-0025. There are some car washes using these that are 50 years old and working.

Randy

Reaction score
To regulate the pressure on my foam brush I regulate the incoming air pressure going into the Flojet pump. Whatever the inlet air pressure is is what pressure will be coming out of the Flojet pump. The only regulator I have on my Foam brush system is on the incoming air, nothing between the Flojet pump and the manifold.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I use a parker regulator for the air on my foam brush and an unloader to regulate the liquid pressure out of my surflo or flow jet pumps to the manifold.
If that is an air regulator you are using, it won't last long with liquid.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had good luck with the Norgren units, similar to this. You're probably getting liquid from the bleed on the regulator, which is usually behind the adjuster knob. This is where the air bleeds off when you reduce pressure.

That's an air only regulator. They do have one for air and liquid that's nearly identical to the Parker:

wrightwash

Reaction score

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas.
The valve that is leaking for me is KR p/n Rem364. It says for air or liquid.
And yes, it leaks from the bleed hole under the knob.
I will try the Norgren valve and see if it works better.

Perhaps I don't have my system plumbed correctly ?
It's been this way since 2000.
I didn't know that the incoming pressure to the Flojet determines the pressure coming out of it. foam brush.jpg

traveler17

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas.
The valve that is leaking for me is KR p/n Rem364. It says for air or liquid.
And yes, it leaks from the bleed hole under the knob.
I will try the Norgren valve and see if it works better.

Perhaps I don't have my system plumbed correctly ?
It's been this way since 2000.
I didn't know that the incoming pressure to the Flojet determines the pressure coming out of it. View attachment 5112
I have the same ones and every once in a while I’ll have one do it. Not sure why

Randy

Reaction score
You don't need the regulator on the discharge of the Flojet pump. Take it out and adjust your incoming air pressure to the Flojet pump to what you your foam brush pressure to be and call it good. We've been doing it that way forever with no problems.

MEP001

Reaction score
I see you are in PA. Are you using methanol for antifreeze in your foam brush? If so, that may be taking out the regulators.
Since they leak right out of the box, it's probably not methanol.

toddmullens

Reaction score
Probably using the relieving model which has an opening in the diaphragm to relieve pressure when pressure is decreased. I always use the non-relieving type on liquids. Some of the retailers don't even know there is a difference.

water guy

Reaction score
I have been using the Norgren regulators on the Ginsan system since new and here just recently started having problems with them I was thinking about changing to Parker. There is a check valve inside of the Norgren that was failing on mine.

Randy

Reaction score
I had a Parker ¼” air regulator go bad last week. It had been installed so long that the knob wouldn’t turn anymore, froze up. I replaced it with a spare Wilkerson R03-02-000 Air Regulator that I had. I found some more on EBay Zoro for $8.49, so I ordered a couple. I’ve had good luck with them.

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
By the way Randy, I took out the valve out after the pump, and it's working good. Thanks.

Randy

Reaction score
By the way Randy, I took out the valve out after the pump, and it's working good. Thanks.
Isn't that just like magic how that works. The only thing you should do is put a check valve in place of were the regulator was at. This will help protect your Flojet pump should check valve out on the boom should fail.