What's new

Parker Regulator - Air Leak

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been dealing with a persistent air leak issue after replacing my air regulator. Despite installing a new one, air continues to leak slowly, producing a constant hissing sound. I've attached a picture of my current setup for reference.

Everything seems fine with the air gauge and how the product comes out, except for this ongoing leak. I've used this regulator: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-16...ter-service-regulator-1-4in-npt-125-psig.aspx

I'm wondering if the new regulator might also be faulty, or if there's something I might be missing or doing incorrectly. Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Any other regulator you would recommend?

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Regulators are directional. Make sure that you installed it in the proper direction.

Side note- when my regulators go bad on my product side I just remove them and the systems seems yo work fine without them. I on;ly have regulators on my air side.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I've used SMC for years...with no issues.
Here's one without mounting bracket or gauge.
Hard to beat the price!

SMC Regulator

Randy

Reaction score
I have to agree with Greg. Check the direction that you have the regulator installed. You don’t really need a regulator on the discharge fluid side of your manifold. The discharge pressure will be governed by the Flo-Jet pump pressure. If you have the air supply going to your Flo-Jet pump set at say 50psi that’ll be your discharge pressure will be. The last regulator we bought was a Parker R24-02CK it's worked fine for a few years now.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I'll verify the direction when I am the property tomorrow.

We currently use procon pumps. However, I agree that having a regulator on the fluid side might not be necessary since adjustments can be made directly on the pump. This setup was already in place when I acquired the carwash.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
If the regulator is installed in the proper direction unscrew the black nut from the regulator body and make sure the diaphragm assembly is properly seated. I had to do that to a brand new one not long ago.

rshiggaon

Reaction score
If the regulator is installed in the proper direction unscrew the black nut from the regulator body and make sure the diaphragm assembly is properly seated. I had to do that to a brand new one not long ago.

Yes, it is in the right direction. I will check the diaphragm assembly when I am there on the property.

Randy

Reaction score
Try swapping the two regulators from one side to the other and see if the one that leaks on the air side leaks on the fluid side. On your Procon pump you should have a acorn nut, remove the acorn nut and there's a pressure adjusting nut that you can use to adjust the pressure, not all Procon pumps have this feature. If you have this feature you remove the Parker regulator.