What's new

Paint inside Self Serve Bays

Roz

Reaction score
Swimming pool paint seems to last. We touch it up once every other year. Ask your local paint shop expert as they should know the mix and type.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
My experience with tile- shiny ceramic glazed tile will get moisture in it and pop off during freeze/thaw cycles. I know several people that have covered ceramic tile with extrutech. I own one wash with porcelain tile and it doesn't do that, but is an absolute nightmare to keep clean. PVC is my favorite.

TurboJet

Reaction score
I’ve seen that checker plate steel on some washes on the lower half of bay walls. Looks pretty good. Also stainless steel cladding. But both are probably fairly pricey.

traveler17

Reaction score
My solution was to tile the bottom 4’ or so, and paint the rest. When the whole thing was painted the bottom was always the worst because that’s where the pressure hits most often. The paint above the tile seems to stay pretty nice for a few years before needing a fresh coat. Tiling the entire wall would be better but very expensive.
The wash I bought a few years ago has tile in the automatic bays 1/4 way up the wall. It’s absolutely terrible. Would never build a wash with tile in the bays.

traveler17

Reaction score
My experience with tile- shiny ceramic glazed tile will get moisture in it and pop off during freeze/thaw cycles. I know several people that have covered ceramic tile with extrutech. I own one wash with porcelain tile and it doesn't do that, but is an absolute nightmare to keep clean. PVC is my favorite.
It’s terrible