What's new

Pad Perfect

newy

Reaction score
Does anybody have any suggestions or advice on the Pad Perfect and how to help get more out of the drum. Would increasing the application seconds do anything to help usage?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Check the nozzles in the application manifold to make sure they are not clogged. Make sure the footvalves on the suction lines are not clogged.

TheDoc

Reaction score
Newy,

Can you provide more information like, how many customers are getting the tire shine per day against total vehicle washed? How far is the run from the panel to the actual unit? Do you do regular maintenance including flipping and rotating the pads? Do you prime the pads daily with product? If so, by overriding the panel or by hand?

The other psot points out two very important issues.

Let us know, Thanks!

Steve

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
You should be using from 1 to 2 oz of product per side. Use a measuring cup and determine how much product you are using. Stick the suction lines, one side at a time, in a cup of product and cycle the unit. Once you determine this you can look deeper for adjustments to get the results your looking for.

newy

Reaction score
I will check with my husband on some of the questions that i do not know. We include the tire shine in our top wash and we average 25-30 % of our daily washes are top washes. We have had the tire shine for 10 months and I do not believe the pads have been rotated but I will check. I will get back to you! Thank you for your interest in helping us!

stevie g

Reaction score
You cannot "flip" the pads for the Simonize tire shine machine. The foam is precut to fit over the nozzle manifolds as well as to allow the pins through it to secure it to the unit.

What you should be doing is using a garden hose and city water and spraying them out during cleanup at night.

We usually prime the pads every morning by flipping on the relay that activates the machine, so the flojet pumps send a burst of product back into the pads before the first customer gets a tire shine.

Also, in your original post, you allude to "increasing" the seconds on the timer to "decrease" the amount of product used...actually it is the opposite. If you want to drain a barrel of Pad Perfect in a heartbeat, set that sucker to three or four seconds and it'll be gone in a week. I would never set that thing to more than two seconds, we use it on one second and it does a good job.

We also used a series of plugs to plug up several of the nozzles in the manifold, which has decreased our usage a bit. Those pads get over saturated with product and generate too much "sling" when all the nozzles are allowed to spray.

Finally, look for a viable alternative to Pad Perfect. We're using this stuff called "Sling Free" (which is white in color instead of blue like PP) and it's cheaper in a 55 gal drum than a 30gal drum of Pad Perfect is! Pad Perfect is WAY overpriced and isn't any better than cheaper brands. Our drum of SLing Free was just under $400.

TheDoc

Reaction score
Stevie G.

You CAN flip the pads. Take them out "flip" them 180 degrees and re-install. I suggest putting the pad that is at the entrance to the unit to the opposite exit end of the unit and so forth.
BTW, have you tried Simoniz's new dressing that doesn't sling and lasts longer than any other on the market?
What do you pay for pads? From where?

Thanks!

stevie g

Reaction score
Stevie G.

You CAN flip the pads. Take them out "flip" them 180 degrees and re-install. I suggest putting the pad that is at the entrance to the unit to the opposite exit end of the unit and so forth.
BTW, have you tried Simoniz's new dressing that doesn't sling and lasts longer than any other on the market?
What do you pay for pads? From where?

Thanks!
You know, after I had posted that I realized that the 180 flip is what you meant. For some reason I thought you meant flip them around the other way. I suppose that would only be helpful if you were experiencing wear or tearing in a certain area as opposed to even wear across the pads.

And no, I haven't tried the new Simoniz product. When we used to buy Pad Perfect, our distributor would just give us a set of pads for every three barrels purchased, which is generally about the time they need replacing. However, I'm not sure what we're going to do now. We are toying with the idea of order foam in bulk and cutting it ourselves, which I am not thrilled about. Aren't precut pads from Simoniz like $400 or something?

jharry

Reaction score
The Doc,
We currently sell Pad Perfect. What is the name of Simoniz's new dressing that dosen't sling and lasts longer than any other on the market?

DavidM

Reaction score
Simoniz's new tire shine is called Black Ice. I assume that is what Steve is referring to.

The pads have been reduced in price. I was told they were being reduced to $200. $50 would really be nice. We used to buy five 30 gallon drums to get free pads but I don't like holding $4000 in tire shine inventory.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Simoniz's new tire shine is called Black Ice. I assume that is what Steve is referring to.

The pads have been reduced in price. I was told they were being reduced to $200. $50 would really be nice. We used to buy five 30 gallon drums to get free pads but I don't like holding $4000 in tire shine inventory.
I guess I was wrong in my earlier post about buying replacement pads directly from Sonnys.

I saw them (Pads) on Sonny's website for $50 ea.
It appears that Sonnys have caved into pressure from Simonize and has now stopped selling them direct to carwashes. Even though I ordered a set from Sonnys website, I got a call from them this morning stating that they could not fill my order. They gave me a number to call at Simonize and the person who answered qouted me a price of $570 for the same item Sonnys had on there website for $210. What a ripoff! It appears to me that Simonize is trying to gouge operators who do not use their product. If they could make a product that didn't slingoff all over the side of my customers cars I might buy some. Pure greed on Simonizes part. :mad:

Ben's Car Wash

Conveyor & self service
Reaction score
I never had much "sling" from PAD PERFECT if I kept the machine clean. Daily I would run a rag, or my finger's between the lower rail and the pad to get out any "goo" that would settle overnight. Because of the design (unlike the McNeil) the silocone would settle with the trapped dirt/rubber and the first dozen of so cars would get excess TS.... which would sling or make a mess! Rinsing them off at night also helped. The driver's set wore faster as some cars rode the inner side of the rail or would tear the first pad with certian rims.

Pad perfect had a different manifold nozzel kit that has to be installed if you use PRISM before to get to the 1-2 oz. I also took the pads off and cleaned/inspected the nozzels every other month.