What's new

Pacific NW WW 2.0 Presoak

JoelM

Custom User Title
Reaction score
We have a newly built site with 4 SS and 1 WW 2.0. Distributor is a joke for support. (Anyone else pay hourly for distributor to guess at solutions and stumble on answers on accident?) Cars were coming out clean in Summertime for about 3 weeks until water softener never cleaned itself. Took distributor weeks to figure out that one, after trying everything from turning up HF and burning glass to trying to turn up water pressure. They never knew to check softener. (they installed and sold everything including chemical) Finally figured that one out with help from CSI rep who questioned that 1st. Immediately started getting clean cars. Rainy season is here and cars are starting to come out a little less clean. I have been doing alot of forum research and get alot of conflicting answers.

Is HF really necessary to get cars clean in the NW? (Portland Metro area). CSI chem rep even says this is so and tells us to get HF from distributor. (They make their own) I get mixed reviews on 2 Hi PH passes, LO/HI, or HI/LO. Also, I have heard that CSI is one of the better companies out there, even by people not affiliated with their sales. Are there better products that work WELL in the Pacific NW? What would some of you recommend for the growing problem of road film in the rainy season here in the PNW.

Thanks in advance for your help

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Is HF really necessary to get cars clean in the NW? (Portland Metro area). CSI chem rep even says this is so and tells us to get HF from distributor. (They make their own) I get mixed reviews on 2 Hi PH passes, LO/HI, or HI/LO. Also, I have heard that CSI is one of the better companies out there, even by people not affiliated with their sales. Are there better products that work WELL in the Pacific NW? What would some of you recommend for the growing problem of road film in the rainy season here in the PNW.

Thanks in advance for your help[/QUOTE]

Easy, First off never use the hf again, in any strengths,,, there are chemicals out there that will clean without hf, I am not in your region of country so I dont know what works there but please dont use the hf.
I had to learn the hard way! I am telling you it will eat your machine up in every way not to mention the risk to your own health.
I am replacing the heating coils in the gantry on three machines where the hf ate the aluminum fins off the fin tubes for winter heat. it will eat all the copper fittings and rot away the rubber hoses,,, find a chemical dist. that will work with you to clean the cars,
We found here in Ky the best for our wash area is low ph / hi ph, heated, and soft water.
Hope this helps .Luck to you

Reds

Reaction score
I bought my softener and the whole nine yards from my distributor too. But I got a wake up call when I had a triple foam problem that they could not solve. At that point I got help from someone who deals in chemicals only. And I get my water issues solved by a private water softener company. I also do a lot of the maintenance myself, buying as many parts as possible where they are cheaper. I only use the distributor for WW issues. They just started charging for help, but this distributor is very knowledgable and very helpfull. It rubs me the wrong way to pay for help, but at least they are good at what they do. I would look to a chemical company for help, not an equipment dealer.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
We are also located in the PNW and the only way we have found to get a clean car is with Arcadian Titanium 1 & 2 www.arcadianservices.com be warned Titanium 1 does have a small amount of HF in it. It is hard on the equipment but it does work well here in the PNW.
A couple of operators I know have had good success with AP Formulators www.apchemical.com
I had relatives in St. Helens OR and I watched your car wash being built. I?ve only been there once since it was opened. The best thing you can do is to learn as much about your equipment as you can so you don?t have to rely on your distributor.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I would contact Blendco and ask them straight up if they can do the job. Also if they have distributors in your area. If they can service you, you will be pleased with the products. The only thing is that I do not know anything about your part of the country--I'm sure they will.