What's new

outside vacuums

combat

Reaction score
wanting to install a couple outside vacuums wondering thoughts on before or after bays have room on the lot for either.they will be off on the side of the lot.

HAVE A 4 bay self serve with an automatic. small town alberta canada. There is already vacuums in the bays.

Stuart

Reaction score
Wherever works - they will find the vac wherever it is. How ever for me the majority of customers vac after washing. putting them close to the street/entrance they have eyesight of an impulse use item.

Dcalhoun

Reaction score
For me, the question would be traffic flow. I wouldn't install them where a vacuum customer blocks or impedes access to the bay or out of it. Placement could allow for passage, but if you create a hassle for the guy coming in to get the bay (or out of it) it is often enough for them to reconsider where they wash.

combat

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Before would be best for traffic flow and they would be right by the entrance and one of the streets (were on a corner lot) was just worried customers would drive by being in a hurry to wash. After could impede traffic flow if customer didnt pull all the way into vac parking.Personally i like before but wanted some more opinions before i spent the money!

MEP001

Reaction score
The idea of putting vacs at the entrance of the bays sounds good, but in practice it's really not. At slow times it's great, people will vacuum and then pull in to wash or wash and back out to vacuum, and with a good combo vac they'll spend a lot. On busy days though they'll almost always pull up behind the only empty bay and block it while they clean the interior and vacuum, and they may block the bay for a half hour and only spend a couple dollars at the vac. Other customers won't go around and enter the bay from the other side, so it sits empty.