What's new

Out of curiosity..

Vince

Reaction score
Do each of these bays have a timer on it that counts the total minutes of use so you can really figure out the traffic count?

MEP001

Reaction score
A lot of them do. GinSan equipment usually has the counters in the room. Dixmor timers have counters that you can read in the bay with a magnet or a remote. None of them will let you read CC usage.

Vince

Reaction score
Are they able to give you data by date, week or month or is it just cumulative?

Etowah

Vince

Reaction score
Not sure I'm following you, Randy. What exactly will that tell you? How many coins were dropped and in what time frame? Our does it tell you how many minutes each bay was used?

Randy

Reaction score
Not sure I'm following you, Randy. What exactly will that tell you? How many coins were dropped and in what time frame? Our does it tell you how many minutes each bay was used?
It will tell you how many coins have been dropped in, that's all. It won't tell when or what time they were dropped in. What are you trying to do?

Vince

Reaction score
It will tell you how many coins have been dropped in, that's all. It won't tell when or what time they were dropped in. What are you trying to do?
I'm looking at a SS car wash to buy with some pretty strong numbers. I was "hoping" that maybe I could verify the "real" income and/or traffic by getting a read from all the coin slots and the actual usage. Seems like that would be an easy thing for these coin/CC readers to do technology wise.

Vince

Reaction score
The data that it does provide by using a magnet, is it delineated by a certain time frame or some specific metric or does it just reset every time you collect the money?

MEP001

Reaction score
The data that it does provide by using a magnet, is it delineated by a certain time frame or some specific metric or does it just reset every time you collect the money?
It's just a running count. You have to record the numbers yourself and track them. The 4-character Dixmor timers reset at 10,000 coins so you have to check them often. There are systems that can track and give you analytics, but none that you can check with a magnet or remote will do that.