What's new

Oscillating nozzles???

A.Milton

Reaction score
I have a few mail carriers that clean their vehicles about 3 to 4 times a week. After she jammed the wand into her wheel well a few times and jammed the tip she asked me if there was a brush available to help her clean easier/quicker? I have cat310 pump,1200psi with a 3206 tip. I see there are some spiral oscillating tips available? What are these? Is there a nozzle size or design that will work better?

MEP001

Reaction score
If they're jamming the tip into the fenderwell and plugging it, the last thing you want is to replace it with a tip that has mechanical parts that's more easily damaged. It also means they're doing it with the bay off, otherwise there's no way the tip could get plugged from that.

Randy

Reaction score
I had problems with plugged up nozzles from customers cleaning out the wheel wells, I put nozzle protectors on and haven't had a plugged nozzle since.

A.Milton

Reaction score
I hear you on the moving parts inside a tip...but has anyone used them, any reviews as to the cleaning advantage?

BBE

Reaction score
Personally I hate the way oscillating nozzles sound on the car especially when you are inside of a vehicle. To the average customer it sounds like you are beating the crap of out of their car. But if this is for your SS's I guess that isn't really an issue. I have issues with people in the winter jabbing the wands up in the wheel wells digging ice chunks out too. It does occasionally plug a nozzle up.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Every rotating nozzle I've seen has a zero degree tip. What if it stops rotating? (which never happens, right? :rolleyes:)

I would never put a zero degree nozzle in the hands of the general public...your customers can due some serious damage.

In addition to the tip protectors, using flex wands reduces the leverage of the "prying tool".

Since she is a regular customer, tell her to go buy her own pry bar and not use your wand like that anymore. Sheesh...leave me all that mud AND plug up my equipment, too! I'd definitely have a chat.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Those nozzles are for automatics, not self serve. I wouldn't put that thing in the hands of a customer, something will get hurt (customer, car, your wallet, etc). You get my point, find a different solution like suggested (pry bar).

Robert2181

Reaction score
No matter what you have in the bays, they will still use them to chip ice in wheel wells. Cover your wallet & butt.

ToFarGone

Reaction score
Try a 2505 or something of that nature if you want more punch. It will focus the fan a little tiny bit more. Zero degree nozzles are to expensive to let the general public handle (if you are buying good ones) and have the potential to do a lot of damage really fast. On my automatic I have several of them and I never run it over 600psi....so that being said I would advise you to turn the pump way down if you HAVE to try this idea. We used these on the farm with a 2000psi pressure washer to take paint off old gates. It did a good job...so be very careful. I guess in the winter I rely on good hot water as my weapon of choice (120 degrees leaving the water heater).

A.Milton

Reaction score
Thank you for filling me in on the oscillating nozzle, the way the catalog described them left out the cautionary side. I am still puzzled by this mail carrier I have ORV's and dump trucks come through that haven't complained about equipment. I think going back to the 2505 for winter months is a great solution and a better choice for mud season too. I am using a 3206 tip and my wash/rinse is about 110 degrees I I could up temperature too.. Thank you senior members for the sound advice!

Jeff_L

Reaction score
3206 is a lot of water and not a lot of punch. Give your customers a better "knife" with a 25 degree nozzle. I use 2505 tips in my self serve bays. Gives the user a good feel and really custs the grime off a vehicle.

A.Milton

Reaction score
I switched over to 2505 yesterday. What a difference a tip makes, even sounds more forceful. Narrowed the spray but it will work much better. Thank you.