What's new

Ordered Cryptopay today

ronswash

Reaction score
Well, I did it! I ordered Cryptopay for all of my bays. I also went with count up so I had to buy a few more Dixmor timers. I will have one bay that will be count down because I don't have the room in the box for a dixmor timer. Also I'm leaving the pet wash as count down for the same reason plus the customer is right next to the box to add more time. Since I'm going with count up I'll have the same start up price as cash.

I want to thank all of you that has answered some of my questions about Cryptopay.

ronswash

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Give it 6 months to ramp up. Perhaps signs at the approach of bays: " These Bays Take Credit Cards'

Ayerule

Reaction score
Ron,

Any updates or advice?
I'm on the fence about the investment.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Ron,

Any updates or advice?
I'm on the fence about the investment.
I was on the fence so I only did half the bays. Already had LED 7s, so there was little investment there except a couple had to be updated.

within a few months I did the rest of the bays even though some of the timers had to be replaced.

Have not done vacs since they have paraplate timers and installing LED 7s would be more of a project. FWIW a good month can see CC revenue be more than my cost of the swipers and coordinater .

soonermajic

Reaction score
Earl, what about overall revenue, as compared to same time last yr? Maybe CC users are folks who would've just spent cash/qrtrs? Just curious.
I'm thinking of adding Cryptopay as well. Just looking for lots of options...

soonermajic

Reaction score
Also, can.Cryptopay do debit cards? Can MEI bill acceptors, in a PayStation (take debit cards )?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl, what about overall revenue, as compared to same time last yr? Maybe CC users are folks who would've just spent cash/qrtrs? Just curious.
I'm thinking of adding Cryptopay as well. Just looking for lots of options...
1. Had cryptopay for about 3 years now. So comparison to 2015 alone is not a measure,
2. I do not have the ability to track Cash Vs. Credit.
3. Overall bay revenue is up. However in addition to Cryptopay I have in the last few years added Bill acceptors, Bonus Time, Superbays, Wobbleheads.
4. IMO the biggest advantage after ease of payment is count up.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I take it the consensus is that taking CC in ss bays is a good thing? The question isn't that the customers use it but does it add revenue. Also the same question applies to adding bill accepters plus does taking bills in the bays add to the problem of damage/theft?

Ayerule

Reaction score
The security is what sold me on tokens. Plus the walk away.
For those of you who do take cc and bills in your bays I assume you don't have a change or token machine and have extra room for vending. Any regrets?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I take it the consensus is that taking CC in ss bays is a good thing? The question isn't that the customers use it but does it add revenue. Also the same question applies to adding bill accepters plus does taking bills in the bays add to the problem of damage/theft?
1. Ask any gas station owner if they would do away with credit cards. Initially the theory there was force the customer to come into the store to pay so they would buy ore stuff. How many gas stations don't offer pay at the pump?
2. I think bill acceptors in bay damage issue has a huge demographic component. I had one issue in several years with a failed attempt. Perhaps cameras help deter this.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
For those of you who do take cc and bills in your bays I assume you don't have a change or token machine and have extra room for vending. Any regrets?
Assumption incorrect. I have 3 change machines. The guy may only have a $20 bill and as of yet have not added bill acceptors or CC to Vacs.