What's new

Options for soffit ceiling

David Rolf

Reaction score
So mother nature remodeled one of bays and need some advice on options to replace the ceiling. It seems the old vinyl is special order. A contractor suggested marine plywood painted white. What are you guys using for the ceilings in your bays? Any other options to consider? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

IMG_3695.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
We use white steel roofing on the soffits of the car wash.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Mine are a smooth white vinyl. !6" wide, I believe, that snap together and make a smooth easy to clean ceiling.

OurTown

Reaction score

This is what I was thinking of trying. How long before it rusts? I'm assuming it would just rust around the cut out openings for booms.

Randy

Reaction score
This is what I was thinking of trying. How long before it rusts? I'm assuming it would just rust around the cut out openings for booms.
41 years and it still looks good. No rust on any of the cut outs that I can see.

washnvac

Reaction score
I have some that is 22 years old that is rusting and peeling pretty good. More rust and a lot of peeling in the auto bays. I am starting to think about what the best solution may be.

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
So mother nature remodeled one of bays and need some advice on options to replace the ceiling. It seems the old vinyl is special order. A contractor suggested marine plywood painted white. What are you guys using for the ceilings in your bays? Any other options to consider? Any input is appreciated. Thanks

View attachment 7603
We used a dark green roof tin. Doesn’t show dirt bugs…. Will last 4ever

David Rolf

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the responses and wisdom. For my wash I went with the metal option. Seems solid and will last a long time. Thanks

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I can be a little OCD and I think marine plywood would not look good. I at least like the way the guy thinks using a marine grade product.